Live Video of Our Heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

Our camera system seems to have the bugs worked out.

So, if any of you want to check out our heifers we have in "town" to calve, go to the link below.

http://za.dwddns.com/graves

Click Live

When the next window pops up, click Connect.  You can move the camera around with the arrows and zoom in and out.

Speed is a little slow, but not too bad.

Caution:  No telling what you'll see!  You might see one with feet sticking out.

Cattle are separated into three pens.  One with heifers that look like they are about to drop one, one with heifers that are a little further away, and a pen of ones that have calved. 

Please close the window when your done because only one person at a time can use it (including us).

mechanic

Took a look at your heifers. I did not see any feet sticking out just a white car driving by. Good set of heifers though.
Jim

shortyjock89

Chambero, this is a good idea.  Post the link so that we can all do some checkin for ya  ;)  It would be pretty cool if a SP member caught one of those heifers calving.  We could do the same thing when it's time to re breed em..  Remote heat-checking...OH technology!

chambero

Link is up above in original post.

By the way, the junky trailer house next to the lot is not ours.  My house isn't visible with the camera.  We do have neighbors on two sides that we have to "bribe" to keep them from complaining about too many cows in town. 

There are 27 heifers in those lots still to calve.  We're halfway done.  After they calve, we leave them in the lots for about a week and then haul them back to their pasture.

shortyjock89

haha yeah, i mean, that was your plan.  You guys have a lot of critters compared to me.    If the neighbors don't quiet down, just give them some of that valuable fertilizer for free!

chambero

We play Santa Claus at Christmas and give out a couple of slabs of ribs to each house for hush money.

One guy asked us to turn on our pasture sprayer as we drove by his house to take care of his weeds for him.  Grazon Next works great for yards (heck on the flower beds though).

Another one raids my poop pile outside our show barn for his wife's flower beds.

We're in a very small town and are blessed with having good neighbors.

shortyjock89

Well thats pretty cool.  I have some friends that are in the same situation as you.  They live "in town" with a barn and their show calves/bred heifers/bulls at their house.  Pretty neat...we go to their place for hoof trimming and park the trailer on the street sometimes.

cpubarn

The white screens probably means you need to install the active x component.

I checked your cows @ 9:13 central.

Who has the midnight shift?

Mark

Cattledog

Chembero,do you have any information on how I can set up anything like this?  I would love to be able to check the internet when my cows when they are calving!  I live thirty minutes away from my family farm.  Calving season always freaks me out when I am so far away.

chambero

I'll get you the brand name of the equipment we have, but we hired one of our Sheriff's Deputies to put it together for us.  He has a side business doing this kind of thing.  It's just one of the standard security time cameras they make now.  It's one camera that is hard wired into a DVR that plugs into your DSL phone jack.  Total cost was around $5K, but it could be done a lot cheaper probably.

LinZ

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY  (pop) (cow) <party>  NEW BABBBBBBBBYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw I saw I saw ittttttt :D:D:D:D:D:D:D: Just had it.. Im guessing its a heifer

linnettejane

i want one!  even though my barn is not far away....on cold nights during calving this would be awesome!

chambero

The heifer you saw calve (No. 14) is an unregistered Angus heifer with a calf sired by one of our cleanup Angus bulls with Sitz Angus Ranch genetics (Alliance).  We've been in a lull between AI calves and cleanup bulls.  Everything you'll see calving from here on out will be out of our cleanup Angus bulls.  There is a real good (at least I think so) heifer in the front pen (with the one that just calved) that is No. 53 that is Shamrock grandaughter.  She looks like she is about to pop.  There are a couple of Paleface heifers running around in there also (12 and 47).

LinZ

lol.. Is it a heifer calf?  Is there a baldy in the pen? I couldn't see her face really good but when she flashed it I believe she was abaldy ..she looked really irritated last night.