Liveauction.tv

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

That really stinks that the Lowline sale is going to require a subscription to view.  I'm not sure if I'm going to Denver, but if I don't, I don't think that I will pay to view/bid.  I'll just wait for the NWSS to release the auction results.  That's too bad too... I've got extra cash & was considering bidding on some lots... oh well... 

kanshow

That really stinks that the Lowline sale is going to require a subscription to view.  I'm not sure if I'm going to Denver, but if I don't, I don't think that I will pay to view/bid.  I'll just wait for the NWSS to release the auction results.  That's too bad too... I've got extra cash & was considering bidding on some lots... oh well... 
  That is exactly the kind of thing the sellers and Brad need to know.  You might have bid & bought but now you won't. 

turnpike

I realize that the fee causes some problems, but it is very convenient for me to bid and view. The last time I went to a sale, it cost me 50 bucks in gas and a motel room.

JbarL

turnpike said:
I realize that the fee causes some problems, but it is very convenient for me to bid and view. The last time I went to a sale, it cost me 50 bucks in gas and a motel room.
the fees are the problem......its not the bidders there are curtaling....its the viewers....its just a fee for pen hookers, who seem to be benifing the most from all the marketing and sale price data....for nothing... (welcome).......jbarl

buckeye

I know I will not personally use Liveauctions.tv since they want to charge a fee. Maybe need to get a petition and send to Brad and to the sellers who are using the service and let them know we will not support the sale. I dont know JMO

Dusty

buckeye said:
I know I will not personally use Liveauctions.tv since they want to charge a fee. Maybe need to get a petition and send to Brad and to the sellers who are using the service and let them know we will not support the sale. I dont know JMO

I don't think there is a need to sign a petition and send to Brad.  If you don't want to pay the fee don't use the service.  If the sales drop Brad will either remove the fee or go out of business.  I don't think we need to tell him how to run his business.

red

Dusty said:
buckeye said:

I don't think there is a need to sign a petition and send to Brad.  If you don't want to pay the fee don't use the service.  If the sales drop Brad will either remove the fee or go out of business.  I don't think we need to tell him how to run his business.

Although I'll hate to miss sales like the Ohio Beef Expo, if we can't go I tend to agree w/ Dusty. They'll just have to come to their own conclusion whether this hurts their business or not. I am however sad that certain shows will not be available for viewing.

Red

knabe

turnpike said:

both good points.  profit generating decisions seem to compound profit and confound loss generating ones.  i got over the novelty of viewing sales pretty quickly.  i'd much rather have sales catalogs or talk to the breeders before the sale.

on a similar note, there are two heifers for sale i believe on the hill, that are worth noting that are full sibs to gmbs pendleton.  i believe they are PHA/TH free.  one is horned, another polled.  if i could work fast enough, i'd have someone purchase either one of them, but it probably aint' gonna happen. :(

CPL

I just have one question and I intent to ask Brad about it in either another email or over the phone, but if my understanding is correct the $50 was put in place because of having to pay the bandwidth. Something was brought up about "safer bidding" but I don't buy into that. So back to the bandwidth, when X amount of people don't come back and register (buy subscription) and the bandwidth cost goes down, will the $50 fee go down or will it eliminate all of a sudden? That's what should rightfully happen, but then you are screwing the people who already paid. I wouldn't mind paying the fee, but I think it is turning into a mess and if I owned a business and made a risky decision and my customers started to uproar against it I would ATLEAST rethink the situation.

knabe

CPL said:
but then you are screwing the people who already paid.

capitalism is risk.  take the risk out, and you have mandated loss.

i'm sure if something didn't work and one didn't get a bailout, then things will change rather quickly.

i think a better seller than video auctions would be private treaty sales video.

course there would be coarse language.  might be more entertaining than network television, certainly RFD channel.