livestock saying and quotes

Help Support Steer Planet:

Pipeliner

-Premier breeder and breeders herd are the banners that mean the most in a show, they're the only two banners you can't buy!
- I'd rather have cool cows and shitty, shit. Then cool shit and shitty cows!

chiangus

Pipeliner said:
- I'd rather have cool cows and ****ty, ???? Then cool ???? and ****ty cows!

Huh? What is the ? mark, cant figure it out.  (lol)

cowz

This is a saying of my grandfather, who really was born in 1891 and died when he was 103.....I really do think it relates to the livestock industry...

"It takes money to make money".    So sad yet true.

DCB70

If you have never made a mistake clipping you've never clipped

Cost the same to feed a good one and a bad one

Cowfarmer65

3060 South McNaughton Rd. Douglas, ON. Can.
The best I have heard to date was from my dad......he was looking at a bull and the owner started to push for him to buy it......He was no where near the type of bull dad wanted and to put a stop to it my dad asked the breeder " is he broke single or double". Needless to say that ended the sales pitch.

oakview

My favorite quote described one of those cattle experts with more initials behind his name than common sense.  "He's been educated far beyond his intelligence."

Gargan

a friend of mine has an awesome cow hide duffle bag, he walked up to a desk at a hotel to check in and a lady standing there says, "isnt it a shame a cow had to die for you to have that duffle bad?", my buddy looks at her and says, "yes it is ma'am, but I didnt think i could get her skinned while she was alive."  The woman turned beet red and walked off.. it was priceless..lol

ferkj

My dad said this about 2 mins after my brother"s lamb died . " I'm gonna tell you kids right now  when you raise livestock sooner or later you're gonna have some dead stock.  "

dare3324

While learning to clip, I put a big gouge in the side of her and my friend said "every great one has a hole in it". Sure took off the pressure!

twistedhshowstock

ferkj said:
My dad said this about 2 mins after my brother"s lamb died . " I'm gonna tell you kids right now  when you raise livestock sooner or later you're gonna have some dead stock.  "

I judge some sheep, but I am not at all a sheep person...lol...my favorite quote is by me when asked by people why I dont like sheep..."The little bastards are born looking for a place to die."

fed_champions

- "He thinks he's the best one to ever shit between two legs"
-"If you always stay in the top and the middle of the road, you'll never end up in the ditch"
-When i asked my dad why he always bought so many calves, he always said "I would rather own one that don't turn out, than pass on one that comes back to bite me in the ass"
-"If you wanna play with the Big Dogs, you gotta eat like em"