Long Distance.....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Turkey Creek Ranch

We take our heifers out west to a guy who AI breeds them every year, It is between 100 and 150 miles away. The last time we were out there, i met his daughter and we hung out all day, and i really like her. But the long distance makes it impossible for us to see each other.
Any suggestions?

thanks for the help

jason

How about messenger or aim?  That is definitely a free way to chat and get to know someone.  I date a girl that is 60 miles away, but we met while attending college in the same town.  It can get stressful at times, but is also nice to have a little space.  We both have Sprint cell phones so we can talk to each other without incurring any minutes on our plans.  Other than that, she comes down here once a week and I go there once a week, gas gets expensive, but it works.

Turkey Creek Ranch

We've been talking on facebook, idk if she has messenger, but we text some too  i get to see here 3-4 times a year

Show Heifer

Trust me, some space in the beginning can be nice!!!

I dated a fella 200 miles away for 3 years, it ended due to 2 farms, 2 ideas on the future, not the distance!
But, texting, computers, are all nice, but a real hand written letter is unbeatable! A corny card to say hello, a card to say "whats up" or better yet, a hand made card to say "hows chores going??"  are a memory to keep!

And I have learned if you can't trust them miles away, ya can't trust them under foot either!!!!!

Enjoy...good friends are hard to find!! ;)

common sense

If you both enjoy movies perhaps you could send her some microwave popcorn and a bag of sugar babies and then each watch a movie on the internet together?  You could I.M. during the movie or something to chat back and forth.

knabe

turkey creek ranch,

if you can't drive, see if your parents can dream up a reason to go to the sale yard, perhaps a church function inter church baseball game, antique tractor pulling contest.  there must be some annual local attractions in either place.  did her parents notice the connection?  you could use old fashion letters (show heifers right), which would be kinda impressive in this day and age.  going to the same college, different majors.  even hand written notes to my wife at my age go a long way.  nothing like a little love to inspire one to work hard.