Looking for advice on New Holland and Case tractors N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

worthabit

Was wondering if anyone has experience with or owns a New Holland 50 series (ex. T5050) or Case IH Farmall U series (ex. 105U) tractors and if they have had any problems with them.  Thanks

Till-Hill

We have a T6070 MFWD  with super steer and a loader. $30,000 cheaper than a comparable one with green paint at the time. Ours has 16 sp tranny. You have to hit 2 buttons to get from 12th to 13th and same to downshift from 5th to 4th. DUMB! PAIN IN BUTT! Has no guts, terrible hydraulic system and broke the front drive shaft twice. Starts great but don't think about turning, using loader, or hydraulic's at all for 10 minutes. Brakes are like a car, you can smash them to the floor and you can't stop. Had an MX 110 also same dang thing.  Love the super steer. Suspension on cab is awesome.  Love the price but...........newer ones transmission has changed but I think I will go green. 

worthabit

Interesting. We were looking at a 6020 but it is just more tractor than we need as this will primarily be a loader tractor and has some 10' doors to go thru. The new series that is out replacing that line has new emission control "junk" on them which adds a fair bit to the price tag. We have a mx 110 and haven't had any problems with the brakes or anything else for that matter.

Till-Hill

Our loader tractor packs all our silage at a 170 cow dairy, hauls 400 bu gravity boxes, and should be able to put a 15' discbine but our 6070 can't at a very good pace anyway. I didn't feel safe stopping a load in our mx 110 or this 6070. But in a JD 7420 I do. I also feel alot safer in the green one moving bales in our hilly terrian but it does get the job done. Price was our issue. It is however a great chore tractor. Minus the driveshaft issue. Hard to push snow and feed cattle in NE Iowa without the front wheels pulling sometimes. Good luck but shop around and try a few different colors out.

C

cornish

old style green 7020's front ends are horrid..  don't even think of taking one to work ground-- and being able to turn on an end row on the same 40.  unless you jam the brake down.  not to mention the front end bearings that will go out 2x a year and after changing 3 or 4 times-- you decide to trade it in for a smaller version. 

we downsized, and have no complaints... 7310 now I think...

RyanChandler

Have used the STX 275 for pullin a grain buggy, the mx110 for cuttin hay (Id much prefer the kubota 125), and the case 2388 for way too many hrs.  My experience with Case - they make a pretty solid tractor. 

Woody

I'm a red fan but the big thing to remember is service. Who is closest and who has the best service? Around here John Deere is king. We do have a few neighbors with blue tractors that say they aren't as reliable as a red or green one. Jmo

J

JTM

Got a New Holland 6030 and love it for the 12' discbine and BR740 round baler. I like the auto shift when making hay and it is much more roomy than a similar Case tractor that family owns. On the 6030 I think things are in the right place in the cab. Not really any issues. Hydraulics have acted up a little but not to the extent that has caused any issues, just couldn steer for like 20 seconds. Have blown some fuses when hooked to the auxillary power for the round baler. Other than these small things it has been a great tractor for being $30,000 cheaper than it's green counterpart. I could buy a whole other 95 hp economy NH for what I saved going with blue. I already have one though, it's a TD95 and it's a great tractor also. For $30,000 brand new it can't be beat. It can run the round baler and discbine. Not sure what they are calling the TD95 now?