Looking for Ag Instructor in NE Iowa

Help Support Steer Planet:

creativecattle

Currently, our brand new junior/senior high is being built, and when the new school opens this fall we will have an ag/FFA program for the first time in 50 years. If you know of someone that would be interested in the position be sure to let them know soon, as the deadline is Feb 8. Lots of good breeders in the area. We would even take you out to supper after we went and looked at some Hereford cattle!

http://www.independence.k12.ia.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Open-Positions-for-Website-01-29-2013.pdf

Indee Ag Ed on WHO's "The Big Show"

cyclone38

Crystal - Glad to hear Independence is getting an Ag Program! Long time coming. When I came to Winterset I started the program here as well, keep the community support for it rolling. Whomever they hire, let them know I am available as a resource for them if they need anything. Best Wishes!

CAB

I hope that you find a great advisor. Everyone knows that as the advisor goes, so does the program.

coachmac

I am curious, what is the pay scale expected to be?  Does IA pay in a 12/9's scale for Ag Instructors or do they offer 9 month contracts? 

creativecattle

I have no idea. That would be a question for the school or someone that has lived in Iowa longer than me!

cyclone38

coachmac said:
I am curious, what is the pay scale expected to be?  Does IA pay in a 12/9's scale for Ag Instructors or do they offer 9 month contracts? 

It really depends on each individual school district what they have. A lot of Iowa schools have extended days to their contracts but those have been under attack with budget shortfalls. Others have FFA pay put in the master contracts on the supplemental pay scale with coaching salaries and such. Probably a question for the administration there. I would guess they are doing something for that as serious as they seem about the program.