Looking for Dan Luker of Hamilton, Tx

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

I usually don't air dirty laundry in public but this guy is an exception to the rule. When you do identify him his identity should. Be on every message board with a list of his no account bids. The internet has provided us withj a wonderful tool someone just mentioned they would like to see a site like that.  Well just let the public know who he is. Not slander when you post the truth.

kobo_ranch

I believe I'd call the Hamilton County sheriffs department and just tell them the deal.  I also have some friends that work for the FSA office (Farm Service Agency) I'm sure a Mr Dale Vann or a Mr Josh Bauman might at least be able to hear the story and help track him down.  I'm thinking if you alert these folks to whats been going on with this guy the authorities would be notified.  Cattle thieves are prosecuted here in TX and think maybe you could bring charges against this guy.  (If that's where he is living anyway)

OqRanch

He has already been arrested by the Hamilton County Sherriff dept.  It was on the front page of their newspaper.  His name is Daniel O'Quinn.  He can't use it anymore because everyone has caught on to his game.  So he was using his girlfriend's last name.  This guy is slime & if you don't file on him you will NEVER GET YOUR MONEY.

Simnetix

OqRanch-  We sure feel for you, as we can choose our friends but we can't choose our family.  I've put a call into the sherriff, waiting to hear back.  Thank you for the info.

WM

afhm

OqRanch said:
OqRanch said:
He has already been arrested by the Hamilton County Sherriff dept.  It was on the front page of their newspaper.  His REAL name is Daniel O'Quinn.  He can't use it anymore because everyone has caught on to his game.  So he was using his girlfriend's last name. (LUKER)  This guy is slime & if you don't file on him you will NEVER GET YOUR MONEY.
Everything I'm saying is FACT! I know this because I am related to the Fool by marriage.   He has ruined our last name!  We are not like him, & hope he gets prison time for what he has done to you all.  We are also victims of Dan Luker/Daniel O'Quinn.  Be Warned,  "NEVER, EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MAN!"
Sorry for the trouble he has caused your family.  Would you do us all a favor and whenever he picks up a new alias let us know what it is so we can stay away.  Thanks.

ploughshare

Sorry to hear of everyone' s troubles, but it is against the law to disclose credit/debt troubles, especially in a public forum.  The discussions are restricted to the debtor and their attorney. Essentially you provide the opportunity for a counter suit which may cost you more to defend than the original amount lost.  If anyone would like to know my troubles with a very public cattle figure on a subject very similar to this just e-mail.  I learned my lesson the hard way, please learn from my mistake and try not too disclose your debtors, cattle related or not.

TJ

Glenstory said:
Sorry to hear of everyone' s troubles, but it is against the law to disclose credit/debt troubles, especially in a public forum.  The discussions are restricted to the debtor and their attorney. Essentially you provide the opportunity for a counter suit which may cost you more to defend than the original amount lost.   If anyone would like to know my troubles with a very public cattle figure on a subject very similar to this just e-mail.  I learned my lesson the hard way, please learn from my mistake and try not too disclose your debtors, cattle related or not.

Yep, posting that info is just asking to get sued. 

Show Heifer

Which is EXACTLY why these thieves can get away with it time and time again.... its about time people stood up for not only themselves, but for others that might get screwed to.
Go get'em guys....

Sly

I got screwed around this year pm me for name.  Hopefully, he will not get any business this way!

starz20

I know alot of people he has screwed over and just about got me.  I won.  Please post his alias on here if he gets another.  He needs to be stopped and cattleman need to band together to help each other.  He is something else.  A very smoooooth talker.  Please beware of him.  He needs to be in jail for what he is doing.

knabe

Glenstory said:
Sorry to hear of everyone' s troubles, but it is against the law to disclose credit/debt troubles, especially in a public forum.  The discussions are restricted to the debtor and their attorney. Essentially you provide the opportunity for a counter suit which may cost you more to defend than the original amount lost.   If anyone would like to know my troubles with a very public cattle figure on a subject very similar to this just e-mail.  I learned my lesson the hard way, please learn from my mistake and try not too disclose your debtors, cattle related or not.

not true.  liens on property are public knowledge.  i'd like to know the specific law cited.  it can't be slander if it's true.

ploughshare

knabe said:
not true.  liens on property are public knowledge.  i'd like to know the specific law cited.  it can't be slander if it's true.

I am not a lawyer and I am not going to sight a specific law, you have Google so do it yourself.  Search debt collection laws and definition of credit.  You will see that it is true.  There are both federal and state laws.  Just dropping off cattle an the auction yard and having them send you a check is a common example of extending credit which most people would not consider as such.  Also, slander is defamation if spoken and libel is defamation if written.  I agree that if it is true its neither, but that does not mean you can't be hauled through the court system trying to defend yourself, and or risk a  default judgment.  I have been down the road and my opinion is based on my own personal experience.  You can choose to learn from my experience or not.  I don't have a horse in this race.

TJ

Glenstory said:
Search debt collection laws and definition of credit.  You will see that it is true.  There are both federal and state laws. 

Yep, and some of those laws are pretty interesting.  Kinda like if you have a car or house repo'd & also re-sold, the creditor can still wait up to 10-15 years after the sale to file suit & they can collect the seek the remaining balance due, which also includes interest.  Plus, if you have rebuilt really good credit, they can post new negative info on your credit report & ruin it in a matter of no time.  And they can do that to a co-signor too.  Debt collection laws are interesting to say the least & vary from state to state.   

knabe

TJ said:
wait up to 10-15 years after the sale to file suit & they can collect the seek the remaining balance due, which also includes interest. 

individuals should be able to do the same.  laws should not discriminate between corporations and individuals.

works for free speech (just decided, google it cause i'm not a lawyer), should work for debt.

OH Breeder

Glenstory said:
knabe said:
not true.  liens on property are public knowledge.  i'd like to know the specific law cited.  it can't be slander if it's true.

Also, slander is defamation if spoken and libel is defamation if written.  I agree that if it is true its neither, but that does not mean you can't be hauled through the court system trying to defend yourself, and or risk a default judgment.  I have been down the road and my opinion is based on my own personal experience. You can choose to learn from my experience or not.  I don't have a horse in this race.

If you only limit your statements to fact it is neither defamation or liable. Its when you add to the story and it is disproved that it becomes an issue.

Glad you all got your guy.I just don't understand why someone would go to all the trouble of bidding on animals and not picking them up. That is just wrong.

PS you can also just preface your statements with ALLEGEDLY.....how do you think the newspaper gets away with it?

TJ

knabe said:
TJ said:
wait up to 10-15 years after the sale to file suit & they can collect the seek the remaining balance due, which also includes interest. 

individuals should be able to do the same.  laws should not discriminate between corporations and individuals.

works for free speech (just decided, google it cause i'm not a lawyer), should work for debt.

Individuals can with the proper documentation...  i's dotted & t's crossed.