Looking for East Texas Jackpot Shows

Help Support Steer Planet:

sawboss

We are interested in finding some jackpot shows in the Northeast and Eastern region of Texas for heifers and steers before the weather gets too hot.  We do not run points so Showbox is not much help, if you know of any please post them for us.  Thanks, Sawboss

BIGTEX

I know their is a TCCA heifer and steer show in McKinney, TX on May 24th. I know you don't run points, but it is a good show.

reno1014

I live on the border so anything is east of me.  There is a show on the 14th of June in Plainview.  Thats more in the panhandle, but its a good show too.
We dont chase points either but get all our info from the Showbox.

ZNT

This is kind of on the same note, but are there any shows this summer in Texas where they have a pee wee beef showmanship division, or do not have a minimum age to show.  We would much rather find a show in Texas for my daughter to show at than drive all the way to KC to spend 6 days, just to hit a show.

Let me know, we are pretty open to suggestions.

Zane

chambero

Zane:

The local TCCA-sanctioned prospect shows in the north Texas area don't care how old your kids are.  We ran my son in several back when he was six and seven.  They want the money for the entry fees.  We actually asked a couple of times up front and they were cool with it.  My son showed heifers "early" in McKinney, Stephenville, and Loy Lake.  I know another guy from Bowie (bet you do too) who has a little girl I think is getting a head start.  I doubt the Belt Buckle would let her in, buy you might even check there.

BIGTEX

I used to show w/ the Rash boys (I  was a little older)and they were awful young when they started showing.