Looking for limousins

Help Support Steer Planet:

gobigorgohome

Try a new bull CLFX wildcard the heifer in my profile picture is his. He was in the top selling lot in Denver bull sale. Also Duece and trey are some good bulls to breed to.

Top Knot

LimiGene or Grassroots Genetics for semen suppliers. The end goal for your cattle will play a large part in determining the type of bulls you want to use. Make sure you know up front if something is Limousin or Lim-Flex.

Till-Hill

Mitchell's are in Hillsboro, WI I belive. I have been there and work with herds who have bought bulls there. I know they always got cattle for sale. Seem to be nice cattle. Buddy of mine raises Limi's here in NE Iowa too.

BuckJones

Wulfs has awesome animals. They are having their Opportunity Sale coming up March 25th.

Check out SL Bulletproof from Straights Limousin. He's thick topped, big footed and has a tonne of hair.

Also check out MAGS Usual Suspect from Magness Cattle. He's a half brother to Bulletproof. He's got a lot of length and a lot of capacity.

Althogh if I had to choose between the two, I would go with Bulletproof. He has EXLR Dakota on his dams side (who I think is the most beautiful limo bull to exist.). He has a nice deep red colour.

CAB

Do Limi-flex cattle have to be Limi/Angus? I thought  that they could be various breeds crossed with Limi?

Bradenh

gobigorgohome said:
Try a new bull CLFX wildcard the heifer in my profile picture is his. He was in the top selling lot in Denver bull sale. Also Duece and trey are some good bulls to breed to.
wildcard is an awesome bull!!!

Top Knot

LimFlex cattle are 25-75% Limousin with the other percentage being Angus (red or black). LimFlex are supposed to be used on English breed cow herds to produce cattle with a lower percentage of Limousin genetics helping yield grades while not reducing quality grades. A half blood or 75% Limousin with Hereford or Shorthorn is not LimFlex, that is categorized as a percentage Limousin. What the difference? Marketing.