Looking for Shorthorn Donor cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

Ok, all you shortie breeders....I want to flush a shortie cow, either this year or next year....I have the semen....thinking of either the augusta pride family or the rodeo drive family, but am up for suggestions!
Has to be clean pedigreed of course!!
Anybody want to work something out and share a flush????? :)

shortdawg

There will be flushes selling in several of the upcoming shorthorn sales such as WHR and the Polled Congress. If you want to flush to an Augusta Pride I would contact the Schrag's. I'm not sure if they would be selling flushes private treaty or wait until their sale in Sept. I do have an Augusta Pride and plan to flush her this fall at Schrags on his embryo sharing plan. What semen do you have that you will be using ? Also the Sullivan's have as many shorthorn donors as anyone in the country. Their sale will be in early Oct.

DL

and imagine this - the Polled Congress ins in Michigan! (cow)

Show Heifer

Gee shortdawg, guess what semen would be kinda important info to know huh?? :: :)

The semen I have is Trump, so I am up to suggestions on what to flush to, but had heard Augusta Prides are really nice. Just a thought I guess!

shortdawg

The Trump / Rodeo Drive combination has made a lot of people a lot of money in the Shorthorn breed . A Rodeo Drive heifer would be a hot commodity. Trump semen also sells for around $1000/straw.

Show Heifer

Thankst Shortdawg!
I guess I have Rodeo Drive semen also, so I guess I am looking for a cow to flush to either Rodeo Drive OR Trump!
I don't get much info as far as shortie sales, so if someone could keep me posted as far as upcoming sales or flush opportunities I would greatly appreciate it!!! THANKS ALL!

Weather is chilly.....sun out, breeze is drying that awful mud!! (clapping)

Thanks everyone! :)

showtime

I've got a shorthorn donor out of trump that raised the reserve champion shorthorn at the Indiana State Fair in "05". Let me know if u are interested she flushed 8 eggs out of 13 last time.

shortdawg

Most all the Shorthorn Sale catalogs will be posted on www.shorthorn.org under the sale catalog icon. There is also a link to connect you to all the breeder sites. A lot of the breeder sites give the opportunity to be added to their mailing lists.