Looking for show equipment, Draft Pick and Shakedown semen and tank

Help Support Steer Planet:

MA106

I realize this is a rather long wish list but I have been away from the farm for a while and finally came to my senses and returned.

I use to drag cattle all over the place but no longer have any equipment except for a few rope halters and maybe a rusted comb or two!  So I am looking for just about anything. 

Shakedown probably does not make a lot of sense.  I know there is some Draft Pick out there but I wanted to try here too before I spend this much.  My  Draft Pick cows are getting some age on them and I need a few more.

I am not terribly picky on the brand of tank or even the size.  More concerned that it works!

Thanks for any help or direction anyone might be able to provide.

feeder duck

The Shakedown thing is not really that off. I have one cow I hope stuck to him, to calve this spring. I have a few units, but I really do not want to part with it.

cpubarn

As far as the tank, make sure that you contact the local semen guys that refill them.  Mine came across a retiring dairy farmer when I told him I could give him some time.  He found a good used tank for me for $150.

MA106

Thanks for the suggestion!  I had not yet called the local guy because he use to have such a long waiting list.  I have a good friend that is a vet and she is keeping her eye out too but has not come across anything.

Feeder duck where did you get the Shakedown semen?  What did you use him on?  If you want to part with even 1 straw let me know!! 

feeder duck

I filled tanks and sold semen for a living for better than five years. I had connections for the hard to get and find stuff. Not to mention customers that thought it was junk. He was bred to a Gizmo x D.Stuff cow. She is a daughter of our lead donor. Very moderate ground sow. Could be a cool cross, could be a wreck. I will look at my inventory. I may have a few extra. If this mating works I may flush her. I've got some Stinger and Cavino 3 as well.

Brent

I have a large sillivans show box for sale if you are interested. Used probably 6 times and in gerat condition.

MA106

I apologize to those that have PM'd me or posted for not responding sooner!  It has gotten a bit busy around here.

I am still looking for things--now especially the Shakedown semen!

Brent

i will be in kearney for the classic next month too.  What kind of equipment are you interested in?

kimbaljd

Brent do you know anybody that will be coming down to Houston or in that direction anytime soon?

Brent

Umm I might know a guy that could be headed that way.  I will have to check and let you know.