Looking for Spring!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

If anybody is like me- I'm getting sick of rain, snow & the cold!
Where is that groundhog when you need him?
Thought maybe I'd brighten someones day by showing another one of my passions in life. this comes in a close second behind the cattle. Sorry hubby, but you're in there someplace!

Red (lol)

Attachments

• flowers 2.jpg
    flowers 2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 211
  • flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 194

genes

Thanks Red...do we ever need that.

As I walked through the rain this morning I just had to keep telling myself...."at least the snow went away, at least the snow didn't last"

justme

Me too! gotta do chores in cold rain tonite and chance of rain in NW MO tomorrow.  Are you hiding spring in OHio Red?

red

It's not here any place. Weekend is going to be worse. I bought some seed potatoes to plant but they're still sitting in the truck! Usually try to get some stuff planted on good Friday but no way this year! Bundle up!

Red

Gypsy

It is definitely springtime here in New Mexico - 50 mph winds again today!  My flowers froze, then blew over flat last weekend.

red

Shortdawg- you said you were planting corn a little while ago. anything sprouting or is it just lying dormant? Hope cold snap hasn't affected it.

Red

Dale

My better half is a groundhog (born Feb. 2) and we ususally have 6 more weeks of winter whether she sees her shadow or not.  Was that about 10 weeks ago? 

Here in the "upper south" we had ice on the water tanks still at p.m. feeding time on Easter.  Beautiful flowers, Red!  Our roses were mulched for the white out last weekend.  Just think how cold it would be, if not for global warming!

red

(welcome) Thanks Dale!

Glad you joined our board!

Right now in Ohio, it is sleeting. Yuck!

Red

genes

Dale said:
My better half is a groundhog (born Feb. 2) and we ususally have 6 more weeks of winter whether she sees her shadow or not.  Was that about 10 weeks ago? 

Hmmm....my boyfriend is also a groundhog and I just looked over to see he has a mean 5 o'clock shadow.  Maybe if I tell him to shave it will warm up.

garybob

Trees are knocked back quite a bit, we had a hard freeze(22 degrees) Easter Morning. Even froze-out the Fescue, for now, at least. :'( :'(

Up North

Love the flower gardens red !  Maybe you need to teach me a thing or two about gardening !! :D

Up North

Believe it or not, as I get older I find spring harder on me as well....especially CATTLE HAIR :mad:

austin

I KNOW!

I hear allergies come in small periods of people's lives, but I've been having them for a decade.  :mad:

Clariton all the time...

red

Up North said:
Love the flower gardens red !  Maybe you need to teach me a thing or two about gardening !! :D

Up North- it's like breeding cattle- trial & error! I have tried out so many plants that I've either dug up or just gien away. I like the cottage approch- just plant & let it go crazy! I also statrt a lot in my side room of my garage. A lot cheaper than buying plants. Best thing is to get good plants from a good dealer & get more than one-makes it look more complete.

Red

justme

I think SPRING maybe coming to NW Missouri finally!!  Suppose to be in 70's all week.  I even hung laundry out on the line this morning.

YEAH!!! its happy dance time! (clapping)