looking for travel info

Help Support Steer Planet:

jlcattle

looking for travel info....going to the Maine Jr Nationals in Iowa from Florida (if I dont get my head examined first) mapquest has us taking hwy 318 from St Louis to Cedar Rapids, does anyone how the roads are - two/four lane, what about diesel stops. I do not like relying on mapquest so any info would be great.  <rock>

ROAD WARRIOR

I usually run Hwy 61 from St Louis into Iowa and then get on Hwy 218 off of 61 to go on into Cedar Rapids. There are some fuel stops on 61 in Missouri and some on 218 in Iowa. RW

common sense

Great to hear that you are traveling so far for the Maine Jr. Nationals!!! <party> It is going to be a fabulous time and you will not be disappointed with the facilities and and the area. Bring your friends and family!!! We look forward to meeting you!

-Juli Nelson

jlcattle

Thanks Juli! We went to our first one last year, we had so much fun and met alot of nice people that we decided to go again.  It will be a long haul for us but we are stopping over outside Paducah to let the calves rest for a night.

Laura Jo

ROAD WARRIOR

If you need a place to camp when you get to Iowa I'm only about 15 miles off of hiway 218.

justme

I think we met last year at Jr. Nationals!  So glad your coming!  You maybe crazy but you'll have fun.  Iowa is top notch and will throw one bang up Jr. nationals! (thumbsup)