Lookout cowboy -the weather is a changing

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Pard they tell me there is a ground blizzard is a coming tonight. There is a monster out there...and he is hungry!

justme

boy here in NW MO it sounded like a monster out there all night!  Lots of rain, terrible wind, lots of lightening.....now flooding again on streams and stuff.  Still raining and I'm a wimp so I'm not sure how much rain we got...  All I can say is brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  I'm not ready for winter!

knabe

it's cool and windy in CA, get ready midwest for some weather.  we may need to pump more C02 into the atmosphere to warm it up.

vc

So-Cal, Santa Anna Winds, in the 90's and a Red Flag Warning, wish we would get some rain around here.

herfchic

Central Illinois the weather is beautiful and the farmers are running fast trying to get the crops out.

Cowboy

Thanks for the warning AJ, but you're too late !! hehehe

About 8 last night the wind hit -- and by midnight we had already had 1.2 inches of rain. Temps dropped 25 degrees in 45 minutes. Yup -- it is that time of year I guess.

Now -- instead of nice yellow and red trees here -- we have sticks for trees and mud instead of dust! Of course, as always, the coming week is full of flushes -- how fun !!! Love the work, but it sure helps to have nice weather while you're out there!!

AJ, you're nieghbor told me three weeks ago he was bringing a cow -- I think he got lost or was or ran out of diesel -- hehehe

Gives me time for some needed office work I guess -- take care down there!

Terry
<cowboy>

amss101

I'm in Indiana and today was still nice--a little windy but not too bad.  My husband was in Iowa though and said he thought for sure he was going to blow away.  He talked like 45 mph winds... said he was pulling over for awhile in hopes that it would be easier to drive at dusk.  Tie down your cattle, Iowians!

braunvieh

We're in NW Kansas and the wind has been howling ALL night and day with 25-50mph winds and rain. We are in a blizzard warning for the next day and they are saying as much as 10 inches of snow!!! It is still OCTOBER!!! You all take care out there! And, we would love to share some of this rain with anyone who needs it!

shorthorngirl2010

cowboy, im located just right down the road from you and my oh my... if the wind could give up anytime soon id be happy!! im not sure what its like up your way, but down here we've got tree branches all over roads and in town... hope your holdlin' up!

DiamondS

Well all, guess we're sending it your way.  It snowed here last night (Central Colorado at 9,200 ft)  and we didn't break 25 degrees today, but about 10 degree wind chill.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be 50 degrees....  And I thought Kansas weather was bad....

txshowlamb

Wow actually was out in the pasture seperating the steers who got in the heifer pasture and all of sudden it got really cold and the wind wow what a change

linnettejane

just please send rain my way....our state has declared our county in a severe drought....and if we dont get any rain in the next couple days, we will have to start hauling water....

justintime

It has warmed up here again and it is quite nice for late October. We had our first frost here on October 7th and then had a foot of snow on October 12th. There is nothing like a good snow to put the fear of God into a person!!! I left the next morning for a sale in Alberta and thankfully, the snow was all gone when I got home. This is the first year in 8 or 9 years where we actually have had some good moisture going into fall and winter. It should help ensure that the ground freezes up so that we can get some run off next March when the snow starts to melt. Right here where I live we had virtually no snow last winter so I actually am hoping we get some this winter as we need some water sources charged up from spring run off.

For the past 4 or 5 years we had issues with powder dry pens and dust problems when we weaned. Now we have issues with muddy pens and keeping calves dry. In my world wet still trumps dry all the time... so i am NOT complaining. For those of you who are dry, I understand and hope you get some moisture soon. Looking at the sky every day and wondering if the few clouds you see have any moisture in them , is not fun!

aj

Cowboy...not sure what they got going down there. I may send a cow down to you after she calves this spring.