Look's like Red's going to the Jr Natl's!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

With 3 breeds, Maines, Chi's & Horns, holding their Junior Nationals in KS, I though this was a great year to go. I just made my flight reservations w/ Sky Bus. It's only $91 round trip! I also made my room reservations at the host motel, the Holiday Inn by the airport.
I plan to be there July 2-5. It would be great if those going could try & get together!

Cross your fingers that my health keeps good! No, it's just me going, no hubby or corgi ( or Killer Kitty)! Watch out KS!!!!!!

Red  (clapping)  (lol)  (welcome)

shortyjock89

Right on Red!!  Hopefully we can have a get together and I can meet some folks from good ole SP.  I'm gettin pretty excited about Jr. Nationals for sure  (clapping)

red

Justme reminded me that they're being held in MO not KS. Oh well, hopefully my drivers know how to get there!!!!

Red  :)))

kanshow

We don't have any of those breeds but we plan on coming over and watching a little of it.  Of course that could change as daughter is still pestering her dad to let her get into shorthorns. 

shortyjock89

kanshow said:
We don't have any of those breeds but we plan on coming over and watching a little of it.   Of course that could change as daughter is still pestering her dad to let her get into shorthorns.   

Well, lemme tell ya, you won't be sorry if you get a 'horn..they're a ton of fun..lol I could be biased..but I sure do love 'em!! (thumbsup)

jlcattle

We are going this year also.  We have never been but I was told it would be the best family vacation we ever took.  Can y'all tell us what to look foward to?  We are coming from Florida, so it's going to be a LONG haul for us.  We will be bringing two heifers. Here is one of them. I hope the picture comes out, or someone can resize for me. 

Attachments

• ccshowgc.jpg
    ccshowgc.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 333

shortdawg

We plan on going too ! It should be a lot of fun with three breeds there. I guess you could show in all three with a calf sired by the right bull ??????

showsteerdlux

Which bulls could you do that with? Maybe a purebred maine out of a chi/purebred shorthorn or something like that.

Jill

Everything we are showing can be shown in 2 breeds, but we don't have any that qualify for all 3.

shortdawg

Yeah JD that would work. I would think something like Heatwave on a shorthorn would work. Maine %, Chi, and SH +

justme

I really think the quality will be higher.  A lot of these kids show probably 2 of these breeds and have to choose which jr. to go to.  Plus KC is such a great central location.

Jill

I agree, we have never been able to go to more than 1, too much time and cost, having them all here I think the quality and numbers will go up.

justme

I heard at least the Chi's and Maines will be together in 2008 in Murfeesboro, TN.  Not sure about the Shorthorns.

shortyjock89

Shorthorns are supposed to be in IL in 2009, but we might join up with WI and have it there.

cowz

So guys, can we organize a  (thumbsup)  card game??  This sounds like fun!

Maybe when my kids get to doing this..... (argue)......I will sic Ms. Red on them!!!! ;D

shortyjock89

What's the name of the game?  And do I get to laugh when Red sets them straight?

cowz

shortyjock89 said:
What's the name of the game?  And do I get to laugh when Red sets them straight?

Pitch--4 point, penny a point!  Red can educate them with the business end of a poly halter!

There really shouldn't be much drama.......they are old enough to know better.  But, as you no doubt know kids listen better when someone besides ma and pa are doing the talking! ;)

shortyjock89

Well, I don't know that one, but maybe I could get an education while in KC? 

I figure if Red can keep this rowdy bunch in line, then she can probably handle anything.  O0
Seems to me that kids listen alot better if they think that someone super cool is telling them to behave...not saying that ma and pa aren't cool, but I seem to remember listening to my Uncles and older cousins alot more then my parents back when I was a really young guy.