Louisville, Southern Indy???

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

We are planning our trip to NAILE in Nov.  We are notorious for only doing cattle stuff when we travel, so each year we try to step out of our bubble and experience something totally different.  We would like to spend a day or so exploring southern Indiana and the Louisville/Lexington area. 

Any ideas or favorite places you guys have seen in that area??

itk

Churchill Downs; I find the history there interesting and it is family freindly. How is the WHR bull looking.

inthebarnagain

If you want to see some cattle we would be more than happy to show you around, we only live about 20 minutes north of Louisville and could take you around to a bunch of different cattle farms, show cattle related.  Even though you like to do cattle stuff, the thoroughbred farms south of Louisville are awesome to see. 

cowz

itk said:
Churchill Downs; I find the history there interesting and it is family freindly. How is the WHR bull looking.

Churchill Downs and the Derby Museum are on the top of my list!  Also would like to drive over by Lexington. 

The Dreamer Bull (Bloodstone) looks good.  He just got his nosering so we can show him at the Colorado State Fair on the 26th.  I will attempt to post a picture for you then!

cowz

inthebarnagain said:
If you want to see some cattle we would be more than happy to show you around, we only live about 20 minutes north of Louisville and could take you around to a bunch of different cattle farms, show cattle related.  Even though you like to do cattle stuff, the thoroughbred farms south of Louisville are awesome to see. 

Thanks for the reply.  We were full of ideas of places to go see cattle, but thought.....wait a minute, they will be at the show....duh!!!!  I appreciate the offer!  Let me know what horse places allow touristas!

steermaker

Here are a few non-cattle related things.  The Louisville Slugger bat factory and museum.  There are a number of distilleries that offer tours on what is known as the Bourbon trail.  Someone already mentioned Churchhill Downs.  There are plenty of decent places to eat as well.

cowz

I am told you have to have a bowl of "Burgoo" to complete your dining experience!  Any good?  I also hear there are some caves on the Indiana side.

Latest posts