Lucky Double !!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

I've had nothing but bull calves out of my ET program for the last two years BUT,  yesterday I picked up a couple of  my recips that are expecting heifers. ;D They should be great to boot - HD Bloodstone x CF Lucky Charm 255. I will definetly be anxiously awaiting them come March. :)

justintime

I have heard so many people say the same thing as you have, Shortdawg, that is, that they get so many bull calves from their ET. I am not sure why, but I have experienced a large number of ET heifers, and I really have no idea why. Four years ago, we implanted 18 embryos, had 17 pregnancies and had 18 heifer calves. ( the first to calve had identical twin heifers from an embryo splitting). Three years ago , I implanted 24 embryos and had 13 pregnancies and had 11 heifers and 2 bulls. Two years ago, we implanted 32 embryos and only had 14 pregnancies, ( for some unknown reason) but all 14 were heifers.Last year, we implanted 29 embryos and had 21 pregnancies, and we have 13 heifers and 8 bulls.  I have also heard lots of people who say they get lots more heifers from grade 2 embryos than they do from grade 1's. In our case, I can see little differnence between grade 1s and 2s, or between fresh and frozen in regards to pregnanies and also sex of the calves. Maybe things will even out and I will have lots of bull calves for the next 3 or 4 years.

red

JIT- my best guess is that I've found most number 1's are bulls. Most people sell number 1's. I think Cowboy had a thread on this one time someplace.

Red

shortdawg

I've heard that 1's are mostly bulls and 2's are heifers and I've heard what grade don't mean anything as far as the sex of the calf. I put in two low grades that would not survive freezing and got a bull calf due 9/10 !!?? Go figure.

Latest posts