lusters pink oil or sullivans pink oil??

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

I think that Luster's is even a little better, and MUCH cheaper.  I try to buy it by the case when I can.

HeiferShower14

ok. Why do people spray a bunch of pink oil on cattle right before the show?? i use final bloom

shortyjock89

To get it to work right, you have to blow it in.  It pops the hair better than anything else I've ever used.  Final Bloom is the same thing as Pink Oil.

shortyjock89

Because they think it will help.  Some people need something to do with their hands...but really, it works MUCH better when you blow it in.  I know we'll spray one's head and neck down with it because it makes dust/dirt less visible on dark animals.

justme

heifershower....use it in moderation.  I learned the hard way lol.  To much will weigh down the hair actually.  Light coat and blow blow blow. 

OH Breeder

Olive Oil is cheap as well and works wonders for shine and conition. It is sold at walmart for ethnic hair and is in a green spray can. We had a Who Da man heifer that had kinky hair. We used Olive oil on it and it worked wonders. Leaves a nice shine.

Dusty

OH Breeder said:
Olive Oil is cheap as well and works wonders for shine and conition. It is sold at walmart for ethnic hair and is in a green spray can. We had a Who Da man heifer that had kinky hair. We used Olive oil on it and it worked wonders. Leaves a nice shine.

Speaking of olive oil.  I've always wanted to try top dressing a little olive oil on a calf's feed.  The italians and the greeks have such good hair because of the olves and olive oil they consume in their diet.

HeiferShower14

could you use olive oil everday for a hair care product? or should i stick to revive?

shortyjock89

I wouldn't use either of them....I use Kleen Sheen w/vinegar....we have a HUGE thread about it at the top of this page.  There's lots of good info about daily hair care in there. O0

cowz

Beauty supply shops, like Sally's have the spray olive oil.  It is much heavier than the pink oil.