MAB and Lautners

Help Support Steer Planet:

john91

Are Lautners now self appointed owners of Man Among Boys? MAB is in Matt's new sire catalog and they have been selling semen on him for a while now through their online semen sales. I guess if you can't beat the competition,  might as well join them?

hntwhitetail

It could be just some trading around from one of the 1/2 owners.  From the catalog, it looks like Matt and Phil are no longer going to own bulls together in the future.

ROMAX

It says on Brad Otto's website too contact him for semen on all Rodgers bulls,I don't think this guy has heard the expression "don't shit where you eat"

buckeye

Well if you knew about being a distributor for either of them you would know this is not allowed. I know this firsthand or believe me I would carry for more than just one.

buckeye

They don't NEED Otto, they both found alot of bulls before Otto found MAB and still continue to do so. So I'm sure they would both still be doing alot of business more like without Wade or either of the Lautners, Otto wouldn't be in the position he is in. Just my thoughts

Tallcool1

http://rodgerscattle.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-bull-purchase-man-among-boys.html

Otto and Rodgers own the bull.  Phil Lautner and Otto own (at least one of) the clones.

So, I would guess that because Phil Lautner partnered with Otto on the clones he negotiated/bought/received distribution rights on the original.

I don't know what (if any) affiliation Matt Lautner has in terms of actual ownership, but we have all seen how talented he is when it comes to promotion and distribution.

I don't really understand the comment about "If you can't beat the competition, might as well join them"?  Are you saying that Otto couldn't market the semen so he "joined" Lautner and Rodgers, or are you saying that Lautner couldn't compete with MAB so they "joined" forces with Rodgers and Otto?  Who got beat and who joined who?

Cham2135

Take it for what you will.... But I heard that Wade has sold a bunch of his interest of MAB to Matt.

Also Otto's own bulls with lautners so they are probably trading  semen for MAB.

hntwhitetail

Otto could be just trading semen for parts of other bulls.  The semen is an investment/asset like anything else.  Just do with it as you please and get what you want.

I doubt Wade sold interest in MAB to Matt with all of the winner photos that Matt has been putting on his blog of all of the champions that Wade has sold out of Mono.  But in business, anything is possible.

DSC

I second that. I doubt Wade sold any interest to Matt. There is too much bad blood there for it to ever be repaired I am afraid.

buckeye

What I don't understand about Matt Lautner is that he makes a big deal that Wade sold some Monopoly calves but yet he promotes MAB now that was Wades hot bull that Matt now sells semen on. Just seems he is ripping Wade for basically the same thing he is doing

john91

buckeye said:
What I don't understand about Matt Lautner is that he makes a big deal that Wade sold some Monopoly calves but yet he promotes MAB now that was Wades hot bull that Matt now sells semen on. Just seems he is ripping Wade for basically the same thing he is doing
Exactly what I was thinking

Latest posts