MAB bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

MrsDigIt

Has anyone seen or have mature pictures of him? And what clubby bulls breed a little more frame? thanks

gary89

I saw MAB at stud last spring. Very big boned, stout made bull. I really liked him, don't know how much frame he throws but has a lot of really nice calves.

2 that I would consider strongly to add frame would be Thriller or Monopoly Money. Thriller is TH free and MM is a carrier, but they are both larger framed and darn good. Hannibal will also, but you probably would not like the steers, he can throw some tremendous females though.

chevelle

Wade Rodgers had some real good ones.  I have a feeling  we willing be hearing more of this bull.

MOClubbyGuy

I plan to flush him to the donor cow that is pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_0442_Gonnett_Cow[1].jpg
    IMG_0442_Gonnett_Cow[1].jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 355

HGC

I saw him at Nichols a week ago today and his name is certainly appropriate.  Granted there wasn't that many clubby bulls at Nichols or Hawkeye that day, be he was bar none the best one.  For a two and half year old bull he had a lot of leg hair.  He was slightly bigger framed than alot of the Monopoly genetics. 

bluffcountrycattle

HGC said:
I saw him at Nichols a week ago today and his name is certainly appropriate.  Granted there wasn't that many clubby bulls at Nichols or Hawkeye that day, be he was bar none the best one.  For a two and half year old bull he had a lot of leg hair.  He was slightly bigger framed than alot of the Monopoly genetics.  
I saw MAB down at Nichols a few weeks ago too...  I thought he looked very good!  Very powerful bull.  I thought he was pretty moderate in stature, but can't compare to many other Monopoly sons.  Took a quick pic of him here too.  Hope the owners don't mind posting a picture...but I sure thought he was worthy of posting a mature pic!  There were several other's I took pics of, but wouldn't post online as they didn't represent the bull well.

The other bull that I was really impressed with was at Hawkeye, and another Rodger's bull.  2 Tone was very impressive in my opinion, and we plan to try him next spring.  For a club calf bull, he actually had a big set of "kahunas" and a high libido, despite the heat that day.  Loved his design and muscle shape, and sure seemed sound enough for a clubbie...

Attachments

• MABweb.jpg
    MABweb.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 811

dsmith16

bluffcountrycattle said:
HGC said:
I saw him at Nichols a week ago today and his name is certainly appropriate.  Granted there wasn't that many clubby bulls at Nichols or Hawkeye that day, be he was bar none the best one.  For a two and half year old bull he had a lot of leg hair.  He was slightly bigger framed than alot of the Monopoly genetics. 
I saw MAB down at Nichols a few weeks ago too...  I thought he looked very good!  Very powerful bull.  I thought he was pretty moderate in stature, but can't compare to many other Monopoly sons.  Took a quick pic of him here too.  Hope the owners don't mind posting a picture...but I sure thought he was worthy of posting a mature pic!  There were several other's I took pics of, but wouldn't post online as they didn't represent the bull well.

The other bull that I was really impressed with was at Hawkeye, and another Rodger's bull.  2 Tone was very impressive in my opinion, and we plan to try him next spring.  For a club calf bull, he actually had a big set of "kahunas" and a high libido, despite the heat that day.  Loved his design and muscle shape, and sure seemed sound enough for a clubbie...

Thanks for sharing!! Awesome to see mature bull pics! Do you have any other than MAB?

bluffcountrycattle

dsmith16 said:
bluffcountrycattle said:
HGC said:
I saw him at Nichols a week ago today and his name is certainly appropriate.  Granted there wasn't that many clubby bulls at Nichols or Hawkeye that day, be he was bar none the best one.  For a two and half year old bull he had a lot of leg hair.  He was slightly bigger framed than alot of the Monopoly genetics.  
I saw MAB down at Nichols a few weeks ago too...  I thought he looked very good!  Very powerful bull.  I thought he was pretty moderate in stature, but can't compare to many other Monopoly sons.  Took a quick pic of him here too.  Hope the owners don't mind posting a picture...but I sure thought he was worthy of posting a mature pic!  There were several other's I took pics of, but wouldn't post online as they didn't represent the bull well.

The other bull that I was really impressed with was at Hawkeye, and another Rodger's bull.  2 Tone was very impressive in my opinion, and we plan to try him next spring.  For a club calf bull, he actually had a big set of "kahunas" and a high libido, despite the heat that day.  Loved his design and muscle shape, and sure seemed sound enough for a clubbie...

Thanks for sharing!! Awesome to see mature bull pics! Do you have any other than MAB?

Here's the best one I have of 2 Tone...  Some of the other pics I'd rather not post on a message board.  If you want to PM me, I can share a few privately if you are interested.   ;D

Like I said, 2 Tone was impressive!  I encourage anyone serious about breeding cattle to take a bull stud tour in March - April before you make your breeding decisions.  You'll see lots of bulls at Nichols and Hawkeye.  Some you will like...most will make you scratch your head!   :eek:

Attachments

• 2ToneWeb.jpg
    2ToneWeb.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 788

kidsandkows

Thanks for posting pics. I really liked the promo pics etc on MAB before reading this, but I really glad to see he is stud worthy as a mature bull too. I would really like to try and plan a tour.

OH Breeder

bluffcountrycattle said:
HGC said:

How tall were these two bulls MAB and Two Tone? I was trying to estimate by looking at the gate beside them

Steer4Caddy

I saw MAB last year in the pasture and decided to breed a handful.  They are the best set overall of clubby bulls used.  Great color and more bone and substance than Monopolys.  Really good fronts and, yes more size than Monopoly.  I saw some calves up north that were a little too big but didn't see many.  I think females will be useful due to how he's bred.

vet tech

bluffcountrycattle said:
HGC said:

What do you mean can't compare with other monopoly sons?

bluffcountrycattle

Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:
bluffcountrycattle said:
HGC said:

What do you mean can't compare with other monopoly sons?
Sorry...meant I haven't seen that many Monopoly sons to compare their frame size of each other.  He was moderate in frame, but not too small.

bluffcountrycattle

BL Ranch said:
Between MAB and Two Tone which one makes a stouter, cleaner fronted calf?
I thought MAB was maybe a bit stouter....and Two Tone a little nicer fronted.  Depends on your mating, and what you need..

OH Breeder

bluffcountrycattle said:
BL Ranch said:
I thought MAB was maybe a bit stouter....and Two Tone a little nicer fronted.  Depends on your mating, and what you need..

Neither bull looks much over 50"s at the shoulder or am I miss judging things? not much space between them and the ground. 

bluffcountrycattle

OH Breeder said:
bluffcountrycattle said:
BL Ranch said:

Neither bull looks much over 50"s at the shoulder or am I miss judging things? not much space between them and the ground. 

I'd better not speculate on frame size...however, I am tall (6'6") so that affects the camera angle trying to get a decent picture through the bars on the fence.  And keep in mind MAB is a year older than Two Tone, so hard to compare too.  They were moderate, but not as small as some sires I've seen in the past.  Hope it helps...