MAB price

Help Support Steer Planet:

WB

Carlson Cattle said:
DakotaCow said:
I see now that MAB is now at $40 I think it will be interesting to see how the clones are marketed. I womder if there is collusion going on or if one will undercut the other. On that note i kinda like Roger that. It would have been nice to see him in denver for evaluation but wewil, have to see a calf crop instead.

I think its a bunch of crap the price went up beings he is still alive. i also like roger that. I think he is the best black MAB son, and even better is the best red MAB son

Carlson, if I remember correctly, you were really high on Italian Stallion, what made you change your mind about him being the best black MAB son?

Carlson Cattle

MSweeney_199 said:
It's simply supply and demend on it. I just seen MAB and number two clone on monday at hawkeye breeders and they said they were both collecting very good.

Good to hear there collecting good  :)

Barry Farms

WB said:
Carlson Cattle said:
DakotaCow said:
I see now that MAB is now at $40 I think it will be interesting to see how the clones are marketed. I womder if there is collusion going on or if one will undercut the other. On that note i kinda like Roger that. It would have been nice to see him in denver for evaluation but wewil, have to see a calf crop instead.

I think its a bunch of crap the price went up beings he is still alive. i also like roger that. I think he is the best black MAB son, and even better is the best red MAB son

Carlson, if I remember correctly, you were really high on Italian Stallion, what made you change your mind about him being the best black MAB son?

He can't make up his mind because he is 14 and not that knowledgeable. This is self-evident, he only shows at a county fair (like me) so you guys oughta lay off. Also Carlson you may want to stay away from definite decisions when you're going to change your mind 20-40 days later.

Carlson Cattle

I Actully said he was just the best new rookie bull that lautners had. I did not say he was the best black son out of MAB.

ctroidl

Carlson do you just go off the pictures from the blogs on these bulls or have you actually seen them. I have only seen a few clubby bulls in person mainly at agribition but I have to say nearly everyone I have seen looks very different from their promotional pics. There are also a lot of things pics don't show you.

Carlson Cattle

No i just go off the promo pic. But also i take to heart what other people say and mostly just go from that. i also look at the bulls offspring to see what they are producing.

WB

Barry Farms said:
WB said:
Carlson Cattle said:
DakotaCow said:

He can't make up his mind because he is 14 and not that knowledgeable. This is self-evident, he only shows at a county fair (like me) so you guys oughta lay off. Also Carlson you may want to stay away from definite decisions when you're going to change your mind 20-40 days later.

I'm sorry, I asked a legitimate question.
I was in no way shape or form being rude, I really would like to know why he now likes Roger That better then Italian Stallion.
I really would just like to know why. Thats it.

I apologize Carlson, you said
"I think he is the best lautner bull out there and in my opinion he is one of the best in the yards. Also love his breeding"

steer711

ok, I got to throw my two cents in here, seems like here lately a lot of the topics I click on to read about involve Carlson being bashed for throwing his opinion out there (argue). I realize he is 14 and may not know as much as some members on here. That being said, for being 14 he sure is interested in making an educated decision come breeding time and there is nothing wrong with that (clapping). And I would about bet that the people bashing on him all the time, don't know much of anything about cattle nor spend a lot of time in a barn. Just my $.02  <rock>

Carlson Cattle

steer711 said:
ok, I got to throw my two cents in here, seems like here lately a lot of the topics I click on to read about involve Carlson being bashed for throwing his opinion out there (argue). I realize he is 14 and may not know as much as some members on here. That being said, for being 14 he sure is interested in making an educated decision come breeding time and there is nothing wrong with that (clapping). And I would about bet that the people bashing on him all the time, don't know much of anything about cattle nor spend a lot of time in a barn. Just my $.02  <rock>

That's all I'm trying to do is just trying to make a very good educated decision for my breeding season. with limited number of cows I'm just trying to get the best out of my cows and trying not to get any rattails. Thank you

tipmover

Back to the bulls.  MAB and the clones are not that good.  Yes I would say he is one of the better Monopoly Sons, but how many other good ones are out there.  The only reason MAB got hot is his color and color sells in the fall.  Has he had any big winners, and he is how old now?  MAB's are usually stout, that's about it.  Most of them are terrible through and over there shoulders which is a problem the bull himself has too.  Structure is also an issue many times with his calves.  Also, if anyone actually went to Denver, the clones were absolute train wrecks, but because Lautner is promoting them, people seem to overlook what the bulls actually look like and how they are put together.  If people could actually look through the hair, they would be able to see this.  There was a reason that they hardly had the clones tied up and the fact they were bedded in a foot of stocks, to hide there horrible structure.  In my opinion that was a big mistake bringing them to Denver.  Before people talk about those bulls on here they should go look at them in person, instead of just pictures and what other people say.

Mainevent

Tipmover i saw the clones in person in Denver. I agree they were bad on their pasterns and horrid in their shoulder, but how many narrow shouldered, frail made, real sound cows are there in this world that need a big stout bull such as man to have a great calf. The bull has his place regardless of his overall appearance, yes MaB is older and hasn't had a big win YET, how long was it before monopoly, heat wave had their first big win. MAB if i am correct is 4 or 5 means he's had in the range of three calf crops the amount of prospect shows and shows the calves have won is astounding, it will be interesting to see when he gets his first win.

tipmover

Mainevent said:
Tipmover i saw the clones in person in Denver. I agree they were bad on their pasterns and horrid in their shoulder, but how many narrow shouldered, frail made, real sound cows are there in this world that need a big stout bull such as man to have a great calf. The bull has his place regardless of his overall appearance, yes MaB is older and hasn't had a big win YET, how long was it before monopoly, heat wave had their first big win. MAB if i am correct is 4 or 5 means he's had in the range of three calf crops the amount of prospect shows and shows the calves have won is astounding, it will be interesting to see when he gets his first win.

And they turned out on all 4 legs, they were structural train wrecks.  I'm just saying that there are other choices to use on those cows that do need powered up.  I'm just feel that those bulls had a lot more wrong than they did right.  They were stout, hairy, and had eye appeal.  And as far as heat wave and monopoly; Monopoly had high sellers and winners his first year.  Heat wave I'm not sure, but in general heat wave was ahead of his time and he still works.  But in an industry where soundness and feet and legs is becoming more of an emphasis, I feel those bulls lack to much.

CAB

The GC commercial breeding heifer @ the Iowa beef EXPO JR. show was a MAB x Chill Factor / shown by Kylie Elder. She was very good to come through on top of the heep of commercial heifers IMO. MAB will have his share of calves in front of the back drop, just needs some more time.

Picture of the calf on the Pulse Blog.

ejoe326

I agree with CAB.  I remember seeing MAB more than once in recent results.

Our MABs were not structural wrecks at all and he was used quite a bit before last fall.  Our BIMs had structure problems where our MABs do not.

I have heard the same things about the clones which is interesting.

I'm not saying he is the answer.  But we did use more of him this year than last. 

RankeCattleCo

tipmover said:
Mainevent said:

And they turned out on all 4 legs, they were structural train wrecks.  I'm just saying that there are other choices to use on those cows that do need powered up.  I'm just feel that those bulls had a lot more wrong than they did right.  They were stout, hairy, and had eye appeal.  And as far as heat wave and monopoly; Monopoly had high sellers and winners his first year.  Heat wave I'm not sure, but in general heat wave was ahead of his time and he still works.  But in an industry where soundness and feet and legs is becoming more of an emphasis, I feel those bulls lack to much.

What clubby bred bull isn't going to give you occasional structural train wrecks??  ???