Maine Genetics lost forever.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

DL said:
So I guess we are all in the same boat? The HMS Confusion - Not very many cows, old cows without teeth, no pairs, condition (or lack of) perhaps out of proportion to drought, sale barn not getting what he thought he was getting -  clearly not very many good cows, sold less than 2 days after the original post and apparently interested people did not get at return call - what was the point of the original post.....??? nada zero zip?

I say thanks to Juli for her original post for trying to help someone.
I say HURRAH for the Phillips family if they found a way to keep the wolf away from the door just a little while longer & were able to keep more cows than they originally thought.

DL

Doc said:
DL said:
So I guess we are all in the same boat? The HMS Confusion - Not very many cows, old cows without teeth, no pairs, condition (or lack of) perhaps out of proportion to drought, sale barn not getting what he thought he was getting -  clearly not very many good cows, sold less than 2 days after the original post and apparently interested people did not get at return call - what was the point of the original post.....??? nada zero zip?

I say thanks to Juli for her original post for trying to help someone.
I say HURRAH for the Phillips family if they found a way to keep the wolf away from the door just a little while longer & were able to keep more cows than they originally thought.

Doc - the beauty of humans is that they can look at the same picture and see totally different things - to me this is a cry wolf situation - maybe as chambero said they decided to only sell the old toothless cows - fine, it would have been nice if they told someone - heck even they could have posted it - and it would have even been nicer to let the sale barn know they changed their mind, and nicer still (and better business) to call back all the people who were willing to help.....so IMHO the HMS Confusion still rules the waves

JSchroeder

Don't be too harsh on them.  From what I can tell, I'm the only one that showed up Wednesday and I'm not upset.  I knew the two-year-olds wouldn't be there.  The only thing that would change my attitude is if the cattle really were picked over prior to showing up at the barn.  That is the only thing that would make the numbers make sense but isn't something I'd just assume without any other information.

It's like I told my father, if I got upset over wild goose chases, I wouldn't be in business.

edit:fixed a run on sentence

DL

Not harsh - just a different perspective - it all seems like much ado about naught.....now JS go chase that goose he ain't that wild  ;)