maine registrations

Help Support Steer Planet:

shorthorns r us

is there a best number to call or a direct line for strange registration questions? i have PB red maine cow that is dual registered as a 3/4 horn, which is no problem. but here's the sticky wicket, i don't have maine papers and she has a really good black heifer sired by a PB maine bull. who should i call?

DL

SRU - check your email...for another idea....

Jill

You can register as a Maintainer with only the bull registration.  If you want to register PB that would be either Mary or Rhonda 816-431-9950.

Jill

Actually on second thought, you should be fine.  If you know the bull your PB red Maine cow is out of, send in registration papers on her, when you get those register the new calf and a 1/2 blood to a PB will give you a high % registration heifer.

DL

SRU - you probably already know this but you have to be a member of the AMAA to register a critter - now you have come over to the dark side (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

the angus111

DL,Is this dark side popular?thats where my angus buddies said i was going when i bought into this clubby gig.rusty

Jill

This dark side is VERY popular, and what a nice group of people too, a little off centered, but VERY popular.

shorthorns r us

i can go even darker than that! i am a member me the beefmaster assoc.; pardon me, i believe it is called beefmaster breeders united. but if i have to be like you mainerds (maine nerds), i may just register her as a 3/8 shorthorn+. or maybe its called shorthorn - 5/8. SERIOUSLY, THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE!

the angus111

SRU,Right now Idont know that you would want to try to register anything with ASA.we havent got papers back on a transfer we did in April.Rusty

red

Ahh, the dark side! Made up of wonderful people w/ wonderful cows. Come on over, you'll be addicited!

Red (lol)

Gypsy

red said:
Ahh, the dark side! Made up of wonderful people w/ wonderful cows. Come on over, you'll be addicited!

Red (lol)

Don't forget the wonderful bull.  Oops I meant bulls.  Really.  (lol)

Jill

I am doing fair entries and I may be a little slow, but I just noticed on my Maine registration papers the Th-PHA status is listed on the bottom of the paper, I didn't know they had added that.  Cool.

DL

VERY!!
I didn't notice it until you mentioned it - of course I don't know how they are doing it - sire and dam negative - calf listed as negative or do we have to test??

red

when I turned in my registration paperwork, I turned in the results from Dr B. They put it on the registration papers. Now no one can accuse me of not telling them!

Red