Man Among Boys Clones

Help Support Steer Planet:

Buck

I see where Lautner is promoting MAB clones and is offering MAB semen through his on-line auction. What's up with that?

Buck

What I am asking is, the last time I checked he was listed as owned by Wade Rodgers and Otto Show cattle.

CAB

Both Lautner Farms & MLC cattle co have been selling original MAB season for about the last year on their semen sales. They obviously liked MAB and then went on to buy the cloning rights from Otto's or from the person that raised the original. It just been part of promotions in a round about way IMO.

john91

Wade Rodgers has obviously taken some market share from Lautners since he started selling semen a few years ago. The way I see it, Lautners have been on top for several years with Who Made Who, Heat Wave, and Monopoly. They see that MAB has become one of the most highly demanded bull out right now, and in my opinion, they are riding on Wades coat tail of success with MAB. They are doing what they can to not loose anymore market share. I personally don't think it is right Otto sold the clone rights to Lautner. And I don't think it is right Lautners have been selling semen on MAB for a while now. Wade is a much more respectable cattlemen than Lautners when it comes to selling a quality product he can stand behind. Half the new bulls Lautners promote don't even turn out, but they continue to beat a dead horse when advertising them. Wade lets his bulls do the talking. How it should be in my opinion. I'll get off my soap box now. 

Carlson Cattle

john91 said:
Wade Rodgers has obviously taken some market share from Lautners since he started selling semen a few years ago. The way I see it, Lautners have been on top for several years with Who Made Who, Heat Wave, and Monopoly. They see that MAB has become one of the most highly demanded bull out right now, and in my opinion, they are riding on Wades coat tail of success with MAB. They are doing what they can to not loose anymore market share. I personally don't think it is right Otto sold the clone rights to Lautner. And I don't think it is right Lautners have been selling semen on MAB for a while now. Wade is a much more respectable cattlemen than Lautners when it comes to selling a quality product he can stand behind. Half the new bulls Lautners promote don't even turn out, but they continue to beat a dead horse when advertising them. Wade lets his bulls do the talking. How it should be in my opinion. I'll get off my soap box now.

perfectly said

Buck

I was wondering if anyone felt the same as me and obviously they do. I realize in the big scheme of things I am a nobody in the club calf world but those guys at Rodgers have always made me feel like I was somebody. The couple of times I tried to talk to Phil Lautner over the phone I was made to feel as though it was a waste of his time. Very short answers with a condescending tone to his voice. (you insert the word you use for that attitude)

DSC

Got the same feeling when talking to Phil or Matt. That is why I only use Rodgers and Trausch bulls now. I don't need the attitude or cocky attitude.

okstate22892

Mainevent said:
Lautner bought cloning rights and cloned him to get in on the MAB craze. Smart business move

Of course the kid who did an "internship" for lautner last summer would back him up. Shows your true colors. You don't see Target selling "Great Value" brand do you.

Carlson Cattle

DSC said:
Got the same feeling when talking to Phil or Matt. That is why I only use Rodgers and Trausch bulls now. I don't need the attitude or cocky attitude.

talking about trausches one guy that has really treated me well is Raymond Gonnet

RankeCattleCo

That's what I would say.. Other than when MAB semen goes up to say $50 and the clones are say $40, the average Joe will save the $10 per straw than spend with the better cattleman.

renegadelivestock

Carlson Cattle said:
DSC said:

talking about trausches one guy that has really treated me well is Raymond Gonnet

I heard gonnet got fired from trausch,

The Rodgers bulls are all from lautner families

ctroidl

[/quote]

I heard gonnet got fired from trausch,

The Rodgers bulls are all from lautner families
[/quote]

Is that why Raymond's website no longer has champion drive genetics?

muleman

Well said Buck, Wade treats everyone the same big or small. That's why I have bought my semen from his bulls the last 2 years.

Buck

It's all about a business philosophy. "The end justifies the means.", "Dog Eat Dog" vs " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I prefer the latter!

ROMAX

I don't get why any of these guys even announce that they have cloned a bull?Why not just clone him ,keep it quiet,and sell the semen as the original at original prices? They keep telling us the clones breed like the original so whats the big deal?

Clubby24

Here is my opinion on all of this. I thought it was a low blow of Phil to do what he did by getting clones of someone else's bull. Honestly it has just made me lose more respect for him (none to begin with anyways). A lot of the promo business is PR, and this does not make it better.  You really need to go get clones of all your competition? C'mon man. I have yet to have a positive experience with him. He's just downright rude for no reason. Oh well, he's fading away anyways. Some of The bulls he has been taking to Denver the last two years are a laughing stock. Matt Lautner I have not had a single issue with, he has always been nice to me, but have had limited experience. Gonnet, no surprise he was fired. Rodgers have been very good with me. Treat people right and they will treat you right. That's all it comes down to. Wade is slowly making his way to the top if you ask me. Quality over quantity.