manure/mudd balls

Help Support Steer Planet:

showgirl2232

I have a show in a few weeks where one of my calves has mudd or manure balls covering her stomach. What can i use to remove these? trying to pull them out she just kicks.  ??? 

Titangurl

Ez all works well if you leave it in about five mins then rinse it takes a while but helps when u have a kicker that you can't really scrub on

frostback

Like the others said get some oil soaking in them. WD 40, pink oil, purple oil( that is pretty heavy stuff though), then wet, put lots of soap on and scrub some. Dont worry about getting them all in one wash. Then take your blower and blow normally, you would be surprised how many will blow out. Then wash again the next day. They sould be easier to get out on the second or third wash. Good luck with all the snow around there is a lot of dirty cattle. Frostie

braunvieh

We are one of them with dirty cattle and mud balls! For me, I soak and soak and use soap and scrub and it takes a long time but they will eventually soften and can be scrubed or brushed out. I am going to try the oil idea as well. It takes a heck of a long time to wash and when it is 35 degrees out (on a nice day!), it really sucks! Then send them back out to get dirty again.

showgirl2232

thank you all very much! ive been able to keep all of them clean this year except for her stomach the rest of her body is spotless. the only thing here is i'll have to carry warm buckets of water to wash her with. turn on the hose and all we get is ice chunks then nothing! if far too cold here. Thank you all again i'll try it all  (clapping)