MAPP

Help Support Steer Planet:

PaPigMan

I just sent in my dues to the AMAA.  I decided to not enroll in the MAPP program for now.  How many of you members have joined?  I guess I'm more than a little disappointed in the decision to penalize members and withhold EPDs.  I am seriously considering running a purely crossbred herd in the future.  I have found it easier to sell Maine females with papers though.  I just wanted to get everyone else's opinions.

showcattlegal

I haven't done it either. I think I'm going to wait and see what I get this year. I don't have very many this year comeing that will paper anywhy.

red

I signed up for it. Just got my paperwork from the AMAA. You have to go back & account for every cow even if you've taken her off your herd management on-line. I pity those w/ 100's of cows.
I just requested my best cows to be enrolled. I hate not getting EPD's but not going to use so-so cows.

Red

red

since they include every cow you've owned (not the ones that were transfered) it's hard to remember when some were disposed of. I had cows listed that I couldn't hardly remember them at all!

Red

Joe Boy

I finally sent my in on Monday and I have not gotten my paper work back.

I think it is an extra tax without any extra services.  Other breeds have done this, too.

Each year I will have to take a serious look at what I want to do and then send in those that I will register calves out of...

If it does not rain this week that all might be decided for me..... I have been unable to buy hay and we made none and what wheat pasture I got the cattle have eaten and pulled up most of it.

red

I'm wondering if you can add cows later. Especially if one that you didn't include has a really good calf.

Red