Maverick Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

johnmetzger

Used him twice last summer and had a 60 lb heifer calf last week out of a hard calving Heet Seeker cow with NO problems. Waiting on a WMH dam's calf. But just wondering if any reports are out?

rtm

I had 5 last year, and 3 this year so far. My BW where small last year so I gambled and used him on a couple of heifers this year. Both calved with no problems and none have been bigger that 80#s. I don't want to call anyones bull a calving ease bull, but I will not have a problem using him on my heifers. Have one bull calf out of a Paddy O'Mally heifer that looks pretty nice for only being 2 weeks old. They won't blow you away with muscle, but have a nice pattern to them. I think mated right he will make a nice heifer. I would use him on a cow with a lot of body. (clapping) (clapping)

ruhtram

rtm said:
I had 5 last year, and 3 this year so far. My BW where small last year so I gambled and used him on a couple of heifers this year. Both calved with no problems and none have been bigger that 80#s. I don't want to call anyones bull a calving ease bull, but I will not have a problem using him on my heifers. Have one bull calf out of a Paddy O'Mally heifer that looks pretty nice for only being 2 weeks old. They won't blow you away with muscle, but have a nice pattern to them. I think mated right he will make a nice heifer. I would use him on a cow with a lot of body. (clapping) (clapping)

Thanks for the info..Good to know!

lfarms

JDM said:
Used him twice last summer and had a 60 lb heifer calf last week out of a hard calving Heet Seeker cow with NO problems. Waiting on a WMH dam's calf. But just wondering if any reports are out?
<nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics> <nopics>

knabe

gotta admit the paucity of pictures is pathetic.
gotta admit the paucity of pictures is pathetic.gotta admit the paucity of pictures is pathetic.gotta admit the paucity of pictures is pathetic.gotta admit the paucity of pictures is pathetic.

oh forget it.

HGC

We had 2 last year.  86# Bull and 84# heifer (the heifer was out of a Heat Wave cow).  Both were 4 days early.  Here is a picture of the heifer.  We are expecting more this spring,  and will post pictures when we start calving.

Attachments

• Maverick 678.jpg
    Maverick 678.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 322

eby

check the picture of the lot 2 Maverick bull in the 2011 Ohio beef expo catalog...