Maxess Fans

Help Support Steer Planet:

PLKR

I know several people on SP have purchased the Maxess 24" fans--just wondering what your opinions are...not expecting them to be equal to a Turbo fan, but for $75-$80 thought they might be worth a try.  Thanks for any input!

Just got two of the EBay Maxess fans yesterday. Got them hung last night just in time for our first 90 degree day today. They aren't a Turbo fan, but they do move some air, and are not real noisy. They haven"t burned the barn down yet either. I quess for 75.00 bucks they are a good deal as of now.

SlickTxMaine

Had one for two weeks.....so far so good.  Definitely worth $75.00!  Has 2 speeds and runs pretty quiet. 

BCCC

I also have a couple, they aren't no turbo fan, but they are well worth the 80 bucks. I will not be using mine for everyday use, they will be staying in the old show box only to be used at shows, since they are a lot quieter then the turbo fans.

jlingle

Are the Maxess fans still running well for anybody?  I'd like to hear some more reports on them, after they've been running a few months now. 

GoWyo

I bought one about 3 weeks ago and put it in the cooler room to circulate with the AC running.  It works just fine.  Thinking about getting another and then I can have 2 to take to shows.  The specs say they move something like 6,000 c.f.m. of air compared to Sullivan Turbos that move 10,000 c.f.m. of air, but for a third the cost they do an acceptable job.  I paid $72 for mine (shipping included).

pjkjr4

I bought 2 in early May. I finally got them put up on Memorial Day weekend. They have not been turned off since. They are hung on the open end of a loafing shed, so they are somewhat in the weather. I have had no problems with them since I installed them. I plan to take them down this fall (probably late Oct. or early Nov. depending on the weather) and put them up until next spring. I think that is when I'll find out if they are worth the money or not.

If you can't find them on ebay, try Twin City Tools out of Festus, MO. Their phone number is (636) 937-9300.

Hope this helps.

SlickTxMaine

Had one for almost two months now, and still running great.  I do turn mine off sometimes at night.  Added a Sullivans mister about 3 wks ago, and all is well and the steer is happy!  Manufacturer states that the fan has an automatic shut off in case the motor over heats to keep it from burning up.  I am in Texas with 101 degrees right now and the fan is having no problems.  I got mine off ebay for $80. shipping included!

Simmymom1

I bought two off of eBay about a month ago and have been very pleased with them.  We run them around 14 hours a day and we have not had any problems.  They sure don't put the air out like a Turbo, but for the price I don't think you can go wrong.