May need help at NAILE

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I know this is early but since we got our catalog already I figured some are making plans for November. I'd like to take 2 heifers to the show this year. Think the Maines have to be there November 6-16. Since that is 10 days & right in the middle of harvet, the nephews aren't too excited about helping us out this year.
We just need some part-time help. Mainly to help me walk the heifers from & to the tie-outs. Also maybe some help w/ washing & heavy stuff. Since the hubby is on crutches, it makes it difficult for us but I live for this show! What I was thinking that if someone was going down then too & could help us out or if you wanted to join us.
I'll discuss things like $, but will pay for your room, & most meals. Promise you won't have to room w/ or take care of King Killer Kitty!
My number is 740-360-3980. Please don't call after 7:00 PM EST, that is hubby time!
I post this again later when people have decided if they're going.

Red

shortyjock89

Red, I won't be there the entire time you will be..but while I'm there (Nov 8/9 - 11/12..not completely sure if we're staying for open show or not) I would love to help you out in any way that I can.  As far as I know, we're only taking three calves, and my sister and dad are coming too, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to pitch in an extra set of hands.  I'm sure that there will be more than a few folks willing to help, and I know I can't offer the full package, but my offer doesn't expire.  It would be an honor considering all you do for this site and all its users! (clapping)

red

Jill- It's the national show so that's why the extra time. Usually we leave before everyone else does.
Thanks Shortyjock! I'll talk to you later about being around.

Red

Show Heifer

Dumb question of the day: I am having a total mind block....where is the NAILE???

NHR

We will be there and will probably have one Maine heifer there along with our Shorthorns

red

wow, if you want to tie the Maine w/ us, let me know!
With just 2 we'll have plenty of room.
Something like that might work, we could watch the Maine for you & just have you help us w/ the tie-outs. Give me a call later on to talk.

Red

NHR

We will have 4 or 5 shorts and the one maine at the NAILE. We will probably have extra stall space since i always order about 4 extras.

red

will they let you stall the Maine w/ your shorthorns? Usually you have to stall according to breed.

Red

shortyjock89

I thought that if you had a bunch of one breed and just one of another, they would let you stall the extra one with your regular breed.

red

not sure, might depend on the amount of room. I know there has been Chi's stalled w/ Maines so that probably is right.

Red

Dan

There is hardly enough room for the shorthorns in the pavillion, let alone any extra breeds. The shorthorn show has been the largest show of all breeds for about the last 5 or 6 years. Plus shorthorns will be on early release.

shortyjock89

That's why we just take our 'horns to the big shows...it's just easier to keep track of our one beloved breed!

red

wow, I'm just amased at how nice you all are!
I think we'll be in good shape w/ the generous offers.
Matt/Bluegrass called this morning & will get us up closer for a tie-out so that will help greatly. That is my biggest problem. Both heifers are really coming along nicely. The one is out of my big red cow, I'd love to someday see a mother/daughter win Louisville.
Also we'll be the 8 days. Matt was laughing at my counting. Duh, too many brain cells fried.
Just remember I'll have the coffee pot ready, Gypsy's rolls & plenty of goodies on hand.

Red