Me 'N My Hawkeye 22W...with calf pics added

Help Support Steer Planet:

Hilltop

Just thought I'd post a picture of my bull --Hawkeye--- he's really come along well..... we have eight calves of his on the ground right now and we couldn't be happier... nice birthweights and the calves have amazing hair... I want to use him on more cows next year but... have to see what Mom and Dad say about it.........

Attachments

• Me 'N My Hawkeye 22W.jpg
    Me 'N My Hawkeye 22W.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 262

Okotoks

Sadie you need to post the pic of Winegum and her Hawkeye baby! They look great.

Hilltop

Lil Hilltop is fast asleep but we just come in from moving a new pair so thought we would post this for her.
Baby Y Candy was born on March 11 and is 15 days old in picture. Sadie has a 4-H project to do herself now with breaking heifer calf.

Attachments

• Winegum and  Y Candy 005.jpg
    Winegum and Y Candy 005.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 279

jaimiediamond

What I find pretty exciting about him is he combines some of the popular show lines with the easy fleshing sound Saskvalley program. His dam being a paternal sister to HC Timeline 17T.

Attachments

• hawkeye.jpg
    hawkeye.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 284

justintime

hilltop.. I don't think I have to tell you what I think of Hawkeye. IMO, he is one of the best bulls around. He is a moderate framed tank who is thick and  soggy made, easy fleshing and about as sound as you will ever see. I think I have said this before, but, I think he is the closest thing to his sire, Pioneer at this age that I have seen. IMO, he also proves a point that is I think is very important , that being he is proof that you can combine genetics from different lines to produce a very good product. Some people may gag when they see his dam is a Salute daughter, but I think anyone who sees her would have to say she has developed into a most impressive cow. She could be painted any color and she would be considered a great one in most any breed. She has a great udder, is thick and easy fleshing, and fertile. You really need to see her in person to see just how good and functional she is.
Right now, I am actually overstocked on herd bulls but I probably should be talking to you about trying to get even some petting rights in  him. He is probably as close to what I would like to produce in mass as any bull I have seen recently. Congrats on producing such a good bull. I will also add that while this is a good picture of Hawkeye, it doesn't show his impressive quarter quite as good as it actually is, IMO.
BTW, Hawkeye was a heifer's first calf. Just think about the breeding potential she has if she can produce them as good as this through her lifetime.

Hilltop

Here are some pics of Lil' Hilltop's Hawkeye calves.  Hope I do not get this all screwed up!
First two are out of ACC Winegum, born March 11th
Next two are of his first bull calf, born Feb 20th
Next a bull calf out of Sadie's Regal Legend daughter born on March 18th
Red bull calf out of a Buster cow born March 18th
White heifer calf out of of Northern Legend 3 year old born March 13th
The VERY hairy hefier is out of a Diamond Rising Legend 3 yr old born Feb 19th
Then maternal sister to Hawkeye out of HC Daffodil 21T and Matrix born March 7th

Attachments

• Eagle Eye.jpg
    Eagle Eye.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 215
  • Rusty #2.jpg
    Rusty #2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Rusty #1.jpg
    Rusty #1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Baby Y #2.jpg
    Baby Y #2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Baby Y #1.jpg
    Baby Y #1.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 205

Hilltop

And some more....

Attachments

• Pita's bull.jpg
    Pita's bull.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Legend 3 yr old.jpg
    Legend 3 yr old.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Rising 3 yr old #1.jpg
    Rising 3 yr old #1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Rising 3 yr old #2.jpg
    Rising 3 yr old #2.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 166

Hilltop

And finally Hawkeye's baby sister

Attachments

• Baby Daffy #1.jpg
    Baby Daffy #1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Baby Daffy #2.jpg
    Baby Daffy #2.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 199

jaimiediamond

Those calves look awesome hilltop, I am really looking forward to my Hawkeye x Kit Kat (mother of Winegum).

aandtcattle

I agree with everybody else, those are some awesome looking calves!  Far more color than I would ideally like but from a composition and phenotype standpoint I think they are excellent.  I would also agree with JIT when he talks about Hawkeye being proof that you can combine immensely different bloodlines to create a final product that is a very nice blend of desirable traits.  Case in point:  One of my very best bull calves this year is out of my senior herdsire from Rob Sneed, a 3/4 brother to Sull Red Savior, we call him "BOND" as he is out of the Sneed bull Rob called 007.  The dam to this calf is a SULL Red Raider daughter out of an Eionmor Ultra 8k cow that I bought from Dale Studer.  This outstanding prospect I have on the ground combines the best of Sneed, Sullivan and Eionmor programs! Funky huh?  But it damn sure worked!

redcows

Good set of calves for sure. Do the folks at Agribition give you a discount if you rent the whole row of stalls aisle to aisle??

Hilltop

jaimiediamond said:
Those calves look awesome hilltop, I am really looking forward to my Hawkeye x Kit Kat (mother of Winegum).
If good ol Kit Kat has a real good one I am thinking that our third of the calf may be worth the first four or five picks of the calves this fall. :)
I would almost bet it will be white.  :-\

Okotoks

redcows said:
Good set of calves for sure. Do the folks at Agribition give you a discount if you rent the whole row of stalls aisle to aisle??
Agribition and discount in the same sentence! Not too likely :)

justintime

Okotoks said:
redcows said:

The Agribition annual meeting is Thursday... and with the loss that will be reported, there won't be any discounts any time into the future either.  BTW, I have taken an entire row of stalls a couple times, and believe me, there weren't any discounts!

vcsf

justintime said:
Okotoks said:
redcows said:

The Agribition annual meeting is Thursday... and with the loss that will be reported, there won't be any discounts any time into the future either.  BTW, I have taken an entire row of stalls a couple times, and believe me, there weren't any discounts!

JIT if you think the loss is bad now just think what it will be like if REA decides to really go after Agribition like they did the Royal Red Arabian show.

jaimiediamond

Hilltop said:
jaimiediamond said:
If good ol Kit Kat has a real good one I am thinking that our third of the calf may be worth the first four or five picks of the calves this fall. :)
I would almost bet it will be white.  :-\

She can be whatever colour she would like, I am just excited she is a heifer white, roan doesn't matter! As for the other part OKotoks may not like that idea of yours and either way I suspect I will be coming out ahead I do think that Kit Kat will have to go be flushed after she has Diamond Yummy Candy __Y