Mean spirited posts on other boards

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Now, I know we don't always get along here. we like a typical family have our fights & quarrels w/ each other. Sometimes we even can hurt another feeling. But I have to admit some of the stuff going on the other boards has really been low.
It's one thing to disagree but it's another to question a person's character or bash their program. I truly don't think in our worst times we've come close to that.

I'm sorry for those affected & sorry that some are unhappy w/ their own life that they need to take that position. (uh oh Gonewest- owe you a nickle)

Red

daydreamingacres

I dont like the tone of some of the other boards...I wont even post there. at least here if i make a fool out of myslef the posters arent as ruthless. We all raise cattle for differnt reason and in different ways from eachother and from different regions. I dont go to the big shows but I can tell a good one weather he be black, white, purple or green and if he is bald or has shaggy hair. Im not  a fan of certain breeds but many arent a fan of my breeds, I like old school cattle that look like the foundation stock used to and others like the newer versions. All in all I am very thankful for this board.

farmboy

i think the reasoning behind all the mean low stuff is that on the other boards you can change your posting name  <alien>

Simmymom1

red said:
Now, I know we don't always get along here. we like a typical family have our fights & quarrels w/ each other. Sometimes we even can hurt another feeling. But I have to admit some of the stuff going on the other boards has really been low.
It's one thing to disagree but it's another to question a person's character or bash their program. I truly don't think in our worst times we've come close to that.

I'm sorry for those affected & sorry that some are unhappy w/ their own life that they need to take that position. (uh oh Gonewest- owe you a nickle)

Red

You are right on it Red, I'm with you sister!!!!    <party>

red

knabe said:
heat synching?

LOL! that was a great one Knabe! Trouble is it looks like a mixture of both sexes. Maybe they are all having PMS!  (lol)

Red

renegade

I really like this board. I havent really gotten into some of the others due to negitivity and I dont like the way a lot of the others are set up compared to this one.  This is a user and family friendly board

justme

I'm with cowz lol chocolate and a raspberry mocha latte and I'm a good girl (lol)

linnettejane

since when did you have to have a password to post on cc message board?  i tried to post under the name i have always used and it wouldnt let me...strange...

Jill

They must be making you log in now, I wondered why there hadn't been any post for the last couple of days.

red

I guess as a moderator I'd have taken a different approach. While I know BW is trying not to pull posts a lock on the topic was in order. It got sooo far off the original question about a bull it wasn't even funny. sometimes you just need to step in & say "alright children"! On the other board I think the unnecessary comments will probably be less since you need to log-in now. People tend to be more careful of what they say when their name is attached to it.

Bring me a chocolate -mocha latte now! I'll take one w/ whipped cream & sprinkles!!!

Red  (clapping)

knabe

red said:
knabe said:
heat synching?

LOL! that was a great one Knabe! Trouble is it looks like a mixture of both sexes. Maybe they are all having PMS!  (lol)

Red

Post male syndrome?  hmm, that sounds like a new twist on the postman ringing twice.

linnettejane

this email i got a couple days ago would just fit in perfectly right about now in this thread... :D

A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that
the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending  on where she is in her menstrual cycle.

For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with Rugged  and masculine features. However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal,  she tends to be more attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and  a spear lodged in his chest while he is on fire.

No further studies are expected.

DLD

Seems like whenever I look in they don't look very active nor very interesting, so I don't bother very often. Or maybe I'm missing something...

Show Heifer

linnettejane said:
this email i got a couple days ago would just fit in perfectly right about now in this thread... :D

A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that
the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending  on where she is in her menstrual cycle.

For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with Rugged  and masculine features. However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal,  she tends to be more attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and  a spear lodged in his chest while he is on fire.

No further studies are expected.

For the first time in a long time, I laughed when I read that!! Thank you Linnettejane. That made my week (and it has been a long one.) But couldn't we do a study with women too??

GONEWEST

red said:

Red

You're runnin' up quite a tab  ;)