Measals

Help Support Steer Planet:

txshowlamb

Well there are 127 cases of measles in the U.S. right now in 15 different states.So go get a measles shot if you don't already. People that went to foreign countries for vacation brought it back because they didn't have their shots!

txshowlamb

By July 9, 2008, a total of 127 cases were reported in 15 states (including 22 in Arizona[23]), making it the largest US outbreak since 1997 (when 138 cases were reported).[24] Most of the cases were acquired outside of the United States and afflicted individuals who had not been vaccinated.

CPL

Wage the side effects of the vaccine and its potential risk against the threat  of the measles. I'd rather not put those chemicals in my body.

OH Breeder

CPL said:
Wage the side effects of the vaccine and its potential risk against the threat  of the measles. I'd rather not put those chemicals in my body.
The older you get the harder your body takes Measles. THe vaccine is nothing more than a dead form of the live bug. Measles can cause hydrocephalus and brain damage.The MMR is one of the older vaccines on the market. Very few side effects- low grade fever and swelling at the injection sight. Really no biggy.

Dusty

I remember when i was in grade school one day the whole class got taken to the office and got vaccinated with MMR, tetnus, and something else.  Noone knew anything about it beforehand.  Is this common practice?  I don't recall anyone having any side effects.

OH Breeder

Dusty said:
I remember when i was in grade school one day the whole class got taken to the office and got vaccinated with MMR, tetnus, and something else.  Noone knew anything about it beforehand.  Is this common practice?  I don't recall anyone having any side effects.
It use to be mandatory for children to start school, if I remember right. I was one of the last group of kids that did not have to have the vaccine. I had the measles my senior year in high school. NOT FUN!

CPL

OH Breeder said:
CPL said:
The older you get the harder your body takes Measles. THe vaccine is nothing more than a dead form of the live bug. Measles can cause hydrocephalus and brain damage.The MMR is one of the older vaccines on the market. Very few side effects- low grade fever and swelling at the injection sight. Really no biggy.

Read for yourself:

http://search.mercola.com/Results.aspx?q=measles%20vaccine&k=measles%20vaccine

OH Breeder

CPL said:
OH Breeder said:
CPL said:

Read for yourself:

I can do a search on how bad chewing gum is for children. There will be a study for children and the effects of chewing gum. See for yourself.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bad+chewing+gum+children&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBR

It is not that simple. Medical research has become very stringent and it is not as easy as it use to be to get something on the market. Partially because of drugs like Phen-Fen and others. But you know what we have the right to choose and that is what is important so long as we are making informed choices. If you choose to read literature that is for or against a drug etc, look at who is sponsoring the study and who did it. There are alot more factors than this that go into. I encourage every patient to research and be an advocate for themselves. Just filter the information with care.

CPL

OH Breeder said:
CPL said:
OH Breeder said:
CPL said:

Read for yourself:

I can do a search on how bad chewing gum is for children. There will be a study for children and the effects of chewing gum. See for yourself.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bad+chewing+gum+children&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBR

It is not that simple. Medical research has become very stringent and it is not as easy as it use to be to get something on the market. Partially because of drugs like Phen-Fen and others. But you know what we have the right to choose and that is what is important so long as we are making informed choices. If you choose to read literature that is for or against a drug etc, look at who is sponsoring the study and who did it. There are alot more factors than this that go into. I encourage every patient to research and be an advocate for themselves. Just filter the information with care.

double post

CPL

OH Breeder said:
CPL said:
OH Breeder said:
CPL said:

Read for yourself:

Chewing gum IS bad for children. Know why? Because chewing with the teeth stimulates the body's digestion. So the stomach and intestines get ready for food to enter.... and guess what no food enters. Also most gums today contain aspartame, which is a known chemical that, in bulk, is not allowed to be driven down the main streets of any major city in the United States.

Face it. America is in a health crisis. Did you know 1 in 3 americans will get cancer in their life time? What's funny is we have more drugs, more drug companies and more doctors that ever in history and we also have more sicknesses that ever in history.

Look up what is in a vaccine. All the preserves and everything. Then go ask your doctor if you could ingest or inject your self with those chemicals--- even in trace amounts. I bet he will tell you not to. But then when you go get a vaccine you'll get them. Good luck. Take care of your immune system and you shouldn't have to worry about the measles.

OH Breeder

WHere is Knabe when you need him.

I owe my life to the dotors and the medicines and have to date consumed 1.3 million dollars in surgeries in under two years. I would be dead otherwise. I have more plastic in me than a new hyundai. I am going to have to agree to disagree.
Peace O0

cowz

I just had to put my 2 cents worth and back up OH Breeder on this one.  MMR immunizations have taken alot of heat because of the correlation between autism and thimerosol.  Most people do not realize how brutal childhood diseases can be on immuno compromised or unvaccinated adults.  I contracted chickenpox (at NWSS  :'() at the ripe old age of 25.  Not fun.

Anyhow, locally, a family of 9 here had Pertussis (Whooping Cough).  Kids were not immunized.  Immunity for parents fades.  Mom and Dad and the teenagers were hospitalized. 

Long story short....most vaccines are now available without thimerosol.    Worth thinking about catching everyone up on their shots. 

The great thing about our country is the ability to choose.....the not so great thing is that people do not think about how their actions affect others......(like not having the self control to stay home and away from others when sick!)