Memorial Day

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Wishing everyone a safe & fun holiday!
Please take a moment to reflect upon the true meaning of the holiday. Let's thank & pray for those that have lost their lives in defending our country to keep us safe & able to enjoy the things we love in freedom.
Also thank you to not only only those that have given their lives overseas but those that served us here in law enforcement, fire & emergency rescue, the medical field, and many more. They are also the unsung heroes of our time.

Take care all
Red (welcome)

Show Heifer

I agree Red. Sometimes between making the burgers, lighting the grill, watching the races, greeting guest, and burning the food, the reason for this "holiday" is lost.

I would personally like to say a big THANK YOU to all those that served our country in the past, and to all those that are serving now. You and your families are giving up your time, freedom, and possibily lives in order for the rest of the country to sit back and complain about how awful things are.  There is nothing more patriotic than that. (clapping) (clapping)

Joe Boy

On my radio program, "The Morning Devotional", on Monday I will speak on remembering those who made the sacrifice for our privileges.  On Tuesday, they will bury a 20 year old boy who was killed in Iraq.  I know his parents and step-father.  I will honor him and his life on Monday.

Our son will be with us Monday for the last time for a year and a half as he is going to Fort Dix, NJ and then on to Iraq.  He was there for the war.  So, Memorial Day is special for us ...very special this year.

Have a great Sunday and Monday.

jdw

red

Joe Boy,Thank you so muuch for more of a personal reminder!

Just really glad to see you are able to get back on-line!

Red