Memory Columbo & Evergreen Seville - Rolly?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Willow Springs

Found some semen on these bulls in a tank. Know the pedigrees and have seen pictures of Seville. Seville would probably only work as a terminal sire in todays age, unless somebody thinks different, what about Columbo?

Doc

I have never heard of Columbo. It may be Columbus. He was a dual purpose sire that was an even light roan. I really like his dtrs out of the right cows and I think would still work today. They had good udders and the ones I had any dealings with kept their good teat size even as they got older.
Seville is a different story. He was a moose. I think his BEPD is close to a 7. The thing is though, he was out of 1 of my favorite cows back in the day(Bonnie Rachel).
I would try the Columbus even today , the Seville I would throw on the ground. JMO.

oakview

Second to what was stated previously.  Seville (+6.6 BEPD on ASA website) was huge.  His sire, GR Dreamboat, has a BEPD of +10.1.  He was a son of Dividend out of a Chianina cross cow.  I was told by those that had seen him that he was kind of a brown color with zebra stripes.  I used him and the son of him I liked most, GR Exclusive, in the late 80's.  One of the Dreamboat calves I had came with zebra stripes.  I only know of one person that has a photo of Dreamboat and those that saw him say he was not an attractive bull.  Merle Welch always said, though, that if you had a cow that didn't have good calves, breed her to Dreamboat and she'd have a good one.  Seville was fairly big shouldered and a little low behind the shoulder.  I had a couple of daughters years ago that did okay, nothing great.  My daughter won the Iowa State Fair junior show with one of them.  They were probably 8 frame cattle at a minimum.  We used a lot of Columbus (and his relatives Clark, Great White Hope, etc.) in the early 80's.  Conception rates were low for us with those bulls for some reason.  I had the most luck with Clark (a half brother) with a champion and top selling heifer or two at the beef expo and 2 All-American bulls.  Columbus would sire style today, but there are probably bulls out there that would sire the same style with a little more substance and doability.

scotland

Memory Columbo was a white son of Columbus, his dam Sweet Georgia Brown a daughter of the dualpurpose bull Blue Rock Torro Blanco, and her dam Ball Dee Roan Rupee, she a full sister Ball Dee Roan Commando, another daughter went undefeated  , grand champion at Agribition and the Royal Winiter Fair.  Need to fix udders Columbo could do it... sired lots of white cattle, very stylish. Columbo had a very good show career, campaigned for 3years.

Willow Springs

So do you have any pics? What kind of frame was he? i have herad that Columbas was more moderate framed for that time. How about GX Ridge Runner, another Columbus son?