Mercedes Benz Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

SHAGGY

Just wondering if anyone has had any calves out of Mercedes Benz yet and how they looked. Trying to figure out a high percent maine bull to breed to a smaller framed habanero daughter, any suggestions would be great, i was thinking of Benz or Hard Drive.

Till-Hill

Seen a 3 days old MB bull calf other day. He has a touch more frame than some of the other calves and I don't know if I am sold on his calving ease yet. Cow was a 2nd calver and about 12 hours after dropping him she prolapsed and died. Not saying is was MB's fault but I need to see more to be using him on heifers.

johnmetzger

We used Maverick (PB Maine) and had 2 hfr. calves this sring unassisted. One was out of a 2nd calf smaller framed cow that had to be agressively assisted last year. Calves are young but look to have plenty of potential.

shortyjock89

Mercedes Benz is working pretty well. Here in IL, there have been quite a few good Predator calves running around as well.  I think the Heaton and Wisnefski families are showing Predator heifers this year and doing quite well.

bcosu

That is good to hear about the predator calves. We bought some semen to use on some Maine influenced crossbred cows. Thought about using Benz but the predators were looking a little stouter.

lowann

We have a MB bull calf out of a Heat Wave Daughter. Really like this calf. Will use him again for sure.

lowann

Here's our MB bull calf, out of a Heat Wave cow. She is a flushmate to Eye Of The Storm.
That's our Dirty Harry 2 calf behind him.

Attachments

• 100_1022.jpg
    100_1022.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 431

CAB

Iowan, how old are the two calves in your picture? The DH2 calf sure looks to be doing well!!

lowann

CAB said:
Iowan, how old are the two calves in your picture? The DH2 calf sure looks to be doing well!!

MB birth date 3/9. This calf is cool looking thick, but nice front end, neck extention. Really like him. He's an eye catching baby.
Dirty Harry 2 /12  We call him Sherman the Tank. He is extreme looking for sure. Thick from front to back. I really worry about calves that are this powerful so young, and walking in the future. Time will tell. So far so good.

Ohio1

Lowann- man that dh2 looks good do you have any pics of him?

gates98

Had 2 out of Benz, both small and doing well for first calvers.  Will use him again this year!!