Mercedes Benz

Help Support Steer Planet:

Justin69.o

I would also like to know and is he safe on lighter bw heifers? Also what kind of cow does he work. Est on?

showsteerdlux

FarmerWanna-Be said:
Has anyone seen Benz at stud? How does he look? Does anyone have pictures?
I don't have any pictures, but I saw him at stud last year when he had just come off of cows for 90 days. He has good rib shape, pretty made, stout for a calving ease kind of deal. If I could point out a flaw in him, he might be a tad straight off of those back wheels, so breed him to something that has a little flex.

mainegirl

This is a pic from June 16th at Hawkeye. Sorry its not the best. I've seen some nice calves from him this year. There were in the 70 -80 pound range out of Simmi X cows and heifers. One was out of a blue roan Vegas cow and she was very nice! Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 432

CAB

Carlson Cattle said:
he looks very solid
I would say that he is "heifer safe" and he can throw power & add bone. I have liked the calves that I have seen sired by him.

cpubarn

CAB said:
Carlson Cattle said:
Exactly what i like easy calvin and can add power and bone  (clapping)

Here's the down side, he can take middle out IMO.

Now CAB,

I'm thinking you should have told me before I bred a nice second calver eho needs a little more softness.  Somebody else told me he added more softness.  Oops!  looks like I'll find out in 8 months. 

Mark

kjd farms

savaged

I posted earlier pics of this Benz heifer, and this pic was taken today.  She looks like she will have adequate depth, and is very sound/correct.  I bred the dam of this calf (first calf heifer) back to him again.  Birth weight was very low at about 50 pounds.    I'd feel very safe with him on heifers.

In this case the dam is a Dubai X a DMCC Limited Edition donor cow. 

Attachments

• Mercedes Benz Heifer (resized).jpg
    Mercedes Benz Heifer (resized).jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 204

Gargan

savaged said:
I posted earlier pics of this Benz heifer, and this pic was taken today.   She looks like she will have adequate depth, and is very sound/correct.   I bred the dam of this calf (first calf heifer) back to him again.  Birth weight was very low at about 50 pounds.    I'd feel very safe with him on heifers.

In this case the dam is a Dubai X a DMCC Limited Edition donor cow. 

everytme i see this hfr, i wish she were mine..lol.. shes not falling behind any and looking great as always!!