Mercedes Benz

Help Support Steer Planet:

wyatt

He throws black and white but ive heard  the bull himself is tight made and straight dont take my word for it tho he works good on deep bodied cows

knabe

WB ShowCattle said:
He throws black and white but ive heard  the bull himself is tight made and straight dont take my word for it tho he works good on deep bodied cows

what doesn't work on good deep bodied cows?

savaged

He will make good quality females and will throw some color.  I don't think I would use him on one where your aim is to make a clubby steer.  He will also extend and make a nice front.  This one we had out of a solid black Dubai (high % Maine) heifer.  The cow is very sound and moderate, but not overly powerful.  This heifer was registered pure bred Maine - he did put a lot of white on her.

Attachments

• IMG_5397.jpg
    IMG_5397.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 198

willow

We have a MB out of an Irish Whiskey cow and ours is beautiful, sound, deep bodied, easy keeping.  Probably the nicest cow we have.  The only thing I would like to change about her is her front end.  She is a tad heavy fronted.   

Clubcalf321

Very nice heifer in pic . I have a N. Improvment X Whiskey daughter i am thinking about using him on. She is real clean fronted, not real tall but needs a touch of power. Good sructured. And also have a Predator X Whiskey daughter. thinking about using MB or I80 on. She is large framed, deep, good structure, Hairy as a yak. Anyone think these will be good choices. Both first calvers.

willow

Clubcalf321 said:
Very nice heifer in pic . I have a N. Improvment X Whiskey daughter i am thinking about using him on. She is real clean fronted, not real tall but needs a touch of power. Good sructured. And also have a Predator X Whiskey daughter. thinking about using MB or I80 on. She is large framed, deep, good structure, Hairy as a yak. Anyone think these will be good choices. Both first calvers.

If you go to the Blind Badger Ranch website and look under sires you will see BBR Rumor Mill.  he is an MB out of a Whiskey cow.  If you want to look at Rumor Mill's mother go to the donors page and she is the 4th one down on the right side of the page.  Maybe by looking at those two it will help you with your decision.  Our MB is very powerfull and like I said before super sound. 

PWolfe

Bi-Lane Livestock said:
How is he on BW and calving ease?  i have heard he is getting some use on heifers, but have not heard how they come out?

If you are referring to Rumor Mill's calving ease and his calves' birthweights, the calves have ranged in weight from 65 to 75 pounds.  The calves have come easily, for they have been smooth shouldered and small headed.  They have been lively and vigorous soon after birthing.  Of course, there will be exceptions to this due to a variety of variables.  Overall, we, along with the other owners, have been exceedingly pleased with the overall quality of his calves.  We will be breeding this MB heifer to RM when she is of age.  Might be interesting ... ~

Thanks,

Pat Wolfe
Ohio

Attachments

• Mercedes Benz x 129M (Digger) Heifer ....jpg
    Mercedes Benz x 129M (Digger) Heifer ....jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 200

Clubcalf321

I am going to Griswolds Saturday in stillwater, talked to REI and Benz is currently there being collected along with I80. So i will defiantly be stopping by to take a look.

simba

Below is a picture of my pb Maine Mercedes Benz steer. He is out of a really well put together larger framed solid black cow. The picture was taken a week after being weened and he did not have any grain prior to the picture being taken. I wouldn't call him extremely powerful, but he is very stout, well balanced and freak fronted. Bambi had a ton of hair coming off pasture in October, and even more now. He's also got an amazing temperment!  Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 195

wyatt

knabe said:
WB ShowCattle said:

what doesn't work on good deep bodied cows?
exactly  (lol)

hntwhitetail

Clubcalf321 said:
I am going to Griswolds Saturday in stillwater, talked to REI and Benz is currently there being collected along with I80. So i will defiantly be stopping by to take a look.

How did they look?

Clubcalf321

Both Benz and I80 looked real good. Benz will add some frame IMO over i80. Really like the squareness of Benz.
I 80 a little more moderate framed plenty of shape, deepth and muscle. Will use both for sure. Really excited about a new bull that they have up there named Dry Country WhiskeyXMonopoly by far the stoutest bull they had on stud. Worth the trip for sure.

hntwhitetail

Clubcalf321 said:
Both Benz and I80 looked real good. Benz will add some frame IMO over i80. Really like the squareness of Benz.
I 80 a little more moderate framed plenty of shape, deepth and muscle. Will use both for sure. Really excited about a new bull that they have up there named Dry Country WhiskeyXMonopoly by far the stoutest bull they had on stud. Worth the trip for sure.

Thanks for the feedback!

Clubcalf321

Well just got thru breeding Benz to my Improvment/Whiskey heifer. Hopefully she takes. Will heat watch and pull blood in 28 days keep my fingers crossed. <rock>