Meyer 734 over PB Charolais

Help Support Steer Planet:

RyanChandler

crystalcreek said:
You should recognize him; his momma is also your bull's momma......lol....

-XBAR- said:
If you want to make it personal, the one I feed is light years better than the one you feed- M6 Led Weight 609.  Imagine that, a $5k bull that puts twice as much volume in his calves as the aforementioned. 

It's worth noting my comments you quoted weren't in regard to this topic at all, nor were they directed at this animal or any animal in your cows pedigree. 

Of course I recognize Full Throttle.  My bull is actually a 609 son, M6 Led Weight 9132 reg#M786658.  His dam is a linebred VCR Sir Duke 914 cow.  914 is also the sire of your donor's sire. 

crystalcreek

I was snagging the name of the bull off of the Firewater thread, didn't mean to grab the whole quote.  I'm technically challenged, it seems.

crystalcreek

vc said:
She is your cow and you like her, about all you can ask for. I do not think I would be embarrassed if I had 3 or 4 like her in the pasture, lets put it that way. Good luck with the breeding on WMW you should get some nice cows.

Thanks; I'm going to try it.  She has produced smaller-framed offspring with sound fronts so I think it may just work.  The last one even had quite a bit of hair (for charolais, anyway) so that's an added bonus.

I appreciate all the input. 

Attachments

• heifer.jpg
    heifer.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 117

crystalcreek

Can you please elaborate about the dewlap attachment reference in regards to the McHenry bull.  I asked already, but I think it got lost in the shuffle.....thanks.

RyanChandler

From the profile, notice how his chest floor and the lowest point of his dewlap are relatively level.  Instead of making them more functional and deeper chested, many show type folk would prefer to clean the neck line up instead of bringing the chest floor down.  It's easier to create the illusion of a bigger middle by sucking up the chest and tapering the throat than by actually making them more productive and selecting for a larger barrel.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
THIS might be a first but I have to agree with XBAR , I THINK THERE IS LIMIT TO HOW MUCH YOU NEED BOTH WAYS.  You need some for more capacity and growth
along usually easier fleshing cattle ...They usually grow into some of it as they get older .....It might promote sheath to big if you have to much of it .....

crystalcreek

I think some of the show type folk are doing a pretty good job with that, myself.  This is one of the best examples I know; had the pleasure of seeing her in the ring and she was stunning. 

Attachments

• 2013.jpg
    2013.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 272

Bradenh

Shhhh don't tell x bar that she's a firewater female! They never get good enough (thumbsup)

Also notice that calf on her side- that's not a random baby

You mean firewaters can raise calves too? :eek:

TXSimmy

crystalcreek said:
I think some of the show type folk are doing a pretty good job with that, myself.  This is one of the best examples I know; had the pleasure of seeing her in the ring and she was stunning.

I also got to see this pair in the ring, as good of a pair as you can make one IMO.

RyanChandler

Firewater a trendy bull. His influence will be gone in 5 years.  That is a good looking female though! Much better than showqueens.  This female aboves dam must have had hella capacity.

crystalcreek

Can't find the pic of the dam, but here is her sire and grandsire.

Attachments

• Sire.jpg
    Sire.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Grandsire.jpg
    Grandsire.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 102