Midwest Shorthorn Classic sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

I'm consigning flushes out of 2 of my cows to this sale. The one pictured is a Trump out of Gold Plated Fool . She came from Cates. The other cow is a Sonny out of SS Augusta Pride 6127. Here is the link to the catalog. http://www.shorthorncountry.net/catalogs/Midwest%20Showcase%20Sale%20'08%20low.pdf  I know Dooling1 has some bred females in it. The sale will be on www.liveauctions.tv .

Attachments

• gp fool 1.jpg
    gp fool 1.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 493

itk

Good luck with the sale I think that it is the most under rated sale in the breed. It always seems like every lot has a super pedigree and is a quality lot. Also the consignors are some of the best. You also brought back a blast from the past for me as we bred lot 36. She is out of Tartan Colleen who was the first big name donor we had and was the dam of Ideal Stockman (we still have eggs out of her and Gold Link). It's funny the calves you forget about over the years.

Doc

itk, what do you think about the Clipper King dtr? I think she looks pretty good for a cow sired by a bull born 43 years ago.

itk

She looks like a good one no matter when her daddy was born. It is definitely a interesting cross being out of a Blueprint daughter. These are the kind of genetics that draw me to the sale there is alot of outcross pedigrees that are still outstanding individuals. Not the same five bulls and cow families that gets stuffed down our throats at most sales.