Milestone dispersion

Help Support Steer Planet:

itk

Well-known member
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
556
Location
KS
Got my new SC yesterday and was wondering what everyone else thought of Milestone selling out. I think the breed owes him a bit of gratitude as I feel he made selling flushes, embryos and pregnancies at a high level more acceptable. It will also be interesting to see what the sale grosses. He bought a Roan Sue x Charmer from us maybe I can get her bought back for pennies on the dollar. ;)
 

OH Breeder

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
5,954
Location
Ada, Ohio
You must live down the street from the Shorthorn office. I NEVER get my journal til a couple of weeks into the month.
 

shorthorns r us

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
900
OH Breeder said:
You must live down the street from the Shorthorn office. I NEVER get my journal til a couple of weeks into the month.

usually don't get mine 'til the 20th.  came today.  i'm shocked!
 

shorthorns r us

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
900
OH Breeder said:
You must live down the street from the Shorthorn office. I NEVER get my journal til a couple of weeks into the month.

usually don't get mine 'til the 20th.  came today.  i'm shocked!

how much will his share of evergreen sable bring? :eek: :eek:

 

aj

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
6,417
Location
western kansas
What is his rate of th and pha carriers? I heard he was loaded. ;DThey should bring a fortune.
 

DL

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
3,622
Is it a real dispersal or one of those that people have before tehy start up again with either clean stock or a new accountant and banker?

I usually don't get my SC until the end of the month  :p
 

itk

Well-known member
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
556
Location
KS
The back cover says total dispersal of donor females, pregnancies and embryos. My guess is he is done. I could be wrong but with the top end females selling the way they do now it would be really tough for him to get back to the same level starting completely over again. I'm interested to see what they are doing with the bulls. I talk to Wayne quite a bit and he has never mentioned the sale to me so the whole thing is a bit intriguing. If he is done the breed is losing one heck of a promoter and a great guy.
 

shorthorns r us

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
900
I guess we will know the details in about 6 weeks.  the catalog will probably be out about then.  wouln't it be nice to pick up his share of Pure Solution now that we know what he can produce!
 

justintime

Well-known member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
4,346
Location
Saskatchewan Canada
I am sure there are a number of reasons for this dispersal and I have no doubt that it is a real dispersal. There will be some real good buys and there will be some breed leading females offered that are flushed out and hard breeders. That goes with almost any outfit that has based their entire program around ET. I am sure there will be some incredible prices on a few of the top end. It will be interesting to see how some of the THC donors sell. I am sure there will be more than a few of them. With the recent Milestone sales showing reduced sale averages combined with Verl's age, he probably feels it is time to slow down.
 

aj

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
6,417
Location
western kansas
Has any of these high profile cows been transplanted to a red angus bull like cherokee canyon or gravity yet and are such pregnancies available.
 

afhm

Well-known member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
1,621
Location
parts unknown
I don't get the Shorthorn magazine, is there a website for Milestone?  Or place to request a catalog?  Thanks.
 

Doc

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
3,636
Location
Cottontown, Tennessee
garybob said:
Not so sure he's done. Took Merle Welch 5 dispersals, and he still ain't 100% out of the biz.
MCC is by no means a Merl Welch. You will probably find Green Ridge in more pedigrees than any other herd bar none. This will be a total dispersal. There is supposed to be some of his live cattle in Foggy Hollows sale. Then donors will be in NAILE sale,but he doesn't own many donors 100%. I think there will be about 12 pregs & a bunch of eggs. I don't know about Pure Solution share, but CF Primo is not selling.
 

knabe

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
13,631
Location
Hollister, CA
don't know if it's the poses or what, but that guy sure puts the same shoulder and hip and belly on his cows.  pretty consistent looking set.  for so many trumps, they sure look different than the trumps i've seen in other catalogs.  also a lot of 57 and some dividend in there.

thanks sru, the other links said underconstruction
 

OH Breeder

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
5,954
Location
Ada, Ohio
knabe said:
don't know if it's the poses or what, but that guy sure puts the same shoulder and hip and belly on his cows.  pretty consistent looking set.  for so many trumps, they sure look different than the trumps i've seen in other catalogs.  also a lot of 57 and some dividend in there.

thanks sru, the other links said underconstruction

Where are you seeing LOTS, I went to the site and nothing about a catalog?
 

shorthorns r us

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
900
OH Breeder said:
knabe said:
don't know if it's the poses or what, but that guy sure puts the same shoulder and hip and belly on his cows.  pretty consistent looking set.  for so many trumps, they sure look different than the trumps i've seen in other catalogs.  also a lot of 57 and some dividend in there.

thanks sru, the other links said underconstruction

Where are you seeing LOTS, I went to the site and nothing about a catalog?


I think he means Improver 57??
 

OH Breeder

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
5,954
Location
Ada, Ohio
SRU said:
OH Breeder said:
knabe said:
don't know if it's the poses or what, but that guy sure puts the same shoulder and hip and belly on his cows.  pretty consistent looking set.  for so many trumps, they sure look different than the trumps i've seen in other catalogs.  also a lot of 57 and some dividend in there.

thanks sru, the other links said underconstruction

Where are you seeing LOTS, I went to the site and nothing about a catalog?


I think he means Improver 57??

DUH? I missed that one.  ....a lot of 57
 
Top