Milkman X Charolais

Help Support Steer Planet:

gilbert07

Had a heifer born yesterday afternoon.. She weighed a solid 100lbs but the cow had no trouble having her.  She is solid white.  The only way you would know shes not purebred is by the little amount of black on her nose. Let me know what you think

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 224
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 315
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 237

bjkoller

Nice heifer!  I used Milkman on a PB also and the result is the calf in my Avatar.... will do again!  How's your cow bred?  Our is out of a double bred unlimited ease cow.

gilbert07

She is a three trees wind daugther out of a bc fish hook cow...love this cow to death...we plan on using him again this spring too..he work well with her...might be getting a simi/angus cow this year so might use him on her..

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Very nice white heifer calf , is her mother purebred Charolais, you could register her as a composite ...I saw my Milkman calves yesterday, one smoke heifer that looks some what like yours in body form, she and her brothers are out of full sister to Northern Gun bull.  Her brothers are black in color and these calves have mud on them and have had a rough winter in eastern Ne, the one calf definitely shows the winter and on first calf heifer , the other  bull calf show quite a lot of thickness , nice front and some potential to sell very well, but like every one else just waiting to see what happens down the road ...Best of luck ....

gilbert07

here is a pic of the heifer from last week from the people that bought them in Ohio..she won grand champion out of 70 calves..

Attachments

• callie.jpg
    callie.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 334

Okotoks

That's a really nice heifer, love the way she combines thickness and femininity.

vet tech

Oh i saw this heifer at the fair! I went to just look at calves because im from the neighboring county but she looked good

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Very nice heifer,she will do well in the future.  On Charolais cows do you have birth weight problems ,used on a moderate ANGUS cow an it was around a 100 lbs. an steers were 85 an no problems ..I f I do flush a Charolais it will be a lower birth weight I think........