milton friedman

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6813529239937418232&

here's an old video interview with milton friedman

good intentions have the opposite effect of that desired.  ie voting against one's own interests actually IS in one's own interests.  this is usually a criticism  of those in the midwest.

i'm assuming brian williams, catie couric,  and charlie gibson would be lost interviewing this guy or anyone like him.

Show Dad

Gee, Knabe most people don't know who Milton Frieman is. Let alone know what he was talking about. I did a report on him in high school and my teacher gave me an A but said the next time I turned in a paper he couldn't comprehend I would get an F.

People just want to know what they just want to know. Then complain the government is taking care of them for the rest.

Dusty

Friedman was probably the greatest economist of modern times. Why society has such a hard time following and implementing the teachings of people like him is beyond me...

SD said:
I did a report on him in high school and my teacher gave me an A but said the next time I turned in a paper he couldn't comprehend I would get an F.
That is sad, but it is very true.  A lot of teachers went to school to be a teacher because they only wanted to work 9 months a year, not because they had a genuine interest in advancing society's knowledge or challenging students to actually have lucid intelligent thoughts.

Latest posts