Missed heifer's heat cycle, now what??

Help Support Steer Planet:

Auger

Had to be gone over the weekend and when we got back, found the Estrotec had been rubbed clean. What's my best option? Wait 3 weeks for the next natural heat cycle, or accelerate her using cidrs, or lutelyse injections? ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED!!!

red

Cowboy will probably answer this but I think you need to wait 10 days to induce.

If I hadn't been outside most of yesterday working I might have missed a heifer's heat. A other cow was in heat too & everyone was after her. I just caught the heifer standing towards dusk.

This thread might help you. http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php?topic=4528.0

Red

kanshow

Same thing happened to us, we missed.  What I found out is that you need to wait at least 10 days before giving her the shot.  We are trying to avoid a show weekend AND get her bred ASAP. 

Dusty

If she is cycling regularly I wouldn't mess with it.  Just wait 21 days and get her the next time around.  Anytime you mess with mother nature, (fertility shots etc) you give mother nature the opportunity to mess with you right back.  Breeding June 15th would not be any too late at all.