MM Delco (Full sib to Radio Active)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Will

Here is a picture of MM Delco.  Just thought some might like to see a full brother to Radio Active since he is selling this weekend.

Attachments

• MM Delco 003.jpg
    MM Delco 003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 246

kfacres

I appreciate this photo...  Have any of calves he's sired?  What's his bloodwork status?

I'm actually trying to find a DV/ DS offspring type bull, that's clean both ways, to linebreed back to a set of carrier DV/ DS decendants.

Will

I am sorry for the confusion, it is Radio Active that is selling. 

BS I will try and see what pictures I have of some of his calves.  We do have a really nice spring born bull that is out of a gizmo cow and Delco that we are very excited about.  We have not decided what to do with him.  I know I put some pictures of him out in the field before we weaned him on steerplanet.  He has sired a reserve supreme at a couple Jackpots and a class winner at the state fair.  He also sired the high selling calf at the Oklahoma State Shorthorn sale last year.

kfacres

Will said:
I am sorry for the confusion, it is Radio Active that is selling. 

BS I will try and see what pictures I have of some of his calves.  We do have a really nice spring born bull that is out of a gizmo cow and Delco that we are very excited about.  We have not decided what to do with him.  I know I put some pictures of him out in the field before we weaned him on steerplanet.  He has sired a reserve supreme at a couple Jackpots and a class winner at the state fair.  He also sired the high selling calf at the Oklahoma State Shorthorn sale last year.

if you don't mind...  have you collected him?

mark tenenbaum

I remember another bro moores had;kinda white with red marks, also-believe all flushmates PHA Please correct me if thats not the case.-I was a big Radio Actve fan but he was an absolute bust on the cows I used him on-One in particular really worked with RS After Hours-and Free For All-but this sib looks alot stouter and real world to me than Radio Active-and just more rugged looking-if hes clean-HE IS IMPORTANT-and I believe with people being aware of him-hed sell OK anyhow-PHA or Whatever?-looks to me like the best of the bunch JMO O0

Will

I do have a limited amount of semen available on him, it has always been stored at REI in Stillwater.  

Unfortunately he is a PHA carrier. We would not have been able to afford him other wise. He has sired several really nice calves that have brought good money. Most of them have stayed in Oklahoma and Arkansas. He has had calves win county fairs and be very competitive on the state fair level. The thing about it is he has sired less than 20 calves a year.  

Do you guys think if we did a good staged picture of him we could sell enough semen to cover the expense.  I know selling semen when you are not a major player is very difficult.  

We are going to get some pictures of his best son in the next few weeks. We were going to take him to Denver but my son had to have a surgery and I have already missed to much work.  I had looked into having someone else take him but decided a good picture might be just as good. His son is Lane's Bullet (named by my 9 year old after OSU mascot horse). Ryan could take him to the Jr Nationals as a bred and Owned bull as he is out of his cow. Plus his son is clean for both TH and PHA.  I am attaching his pedigree let me know what you think Mark.
Regnum Tattoo Name Birthdate  
*x4180424 116 LANE'S BULLET 116 3 May 2011
Sex Male  Color Roan   Horn P      
Breeder 37-4652  RYAN LANE,JAY,OK
Owner 37-4652  RYAN LANE,JAY,OK
EPDS Spring 2012
Perf WT ADJ Rank Ratio #Cont
BTH 87 86    
Pedigree
   *AR29978 SYPS PHA-C TH-C 4D DOUBLE VISION
  *4044333 PHA-C TH-C X RAY VISION ET
   *3955071 PHA-F TH-F KA'BA GWENDOLINE LS94
Sire: *4129235 MM DELCO XRY 07 ET
   *x3943459 TH-F PA DO BOXER 455
  *3990114 PHA-F TH-F MM MARY KAYE BXR97 ET
   *3940204 MM MARY KAYE RD94

x3749045 ELBEE IMPROVED LEADER
  x3954318 PHA-F TH-F ELBEE LEADER C087
   x3778541 ELBEE ROSY LADY
Dam: *x4095708 LANE'S WENDY
   *4002563 4S SHAKER 859
  *4058002 LANE'S SCARLET ROSE
   *3853556 PH RED ROSIE

OKshorthorn

How bout them Cowboys!! Just got back from Phoenix, had a blast. Lost a couple years off my life but it was worth it in the end.

Very nice bull by the way! Maybe this spring my brother and I can come look at your cattle?

kfacres

Will said:
Do you guys think if we did a good staged picture of him we could sell enough semen to cover the expense.  I know selling semen when you are not a major player is very difficult.  

You'll have to set yourself apart from Radio Active in order to sell much for semen from him, especially since you're both PHAC...  Honestly though, a ton of people have used RA, and he's either worked big time, or flopped almost all the time.. That would be something to help set you apart...

Doesn't take much money to collect him though, and maybe promote a little...

Will

Mark phenotypically he looks really good.  When clipped up he will take the best picture of any animal I have been associated with and I have been fortunate to have stumble a cross a couple good ones.

Redwine we are big Cowboy fans.  We could have went but just could not swing the air plain tickets.  We would love to have you guys come and have a look anytime.  If you are familier with the Bedwells, Jennifer has shown calves from us the last couple years.  Jared has also traded some calves from us. 

OH Breeder

He reminds me of a mature Vortec picture. Offspring pictures always help. Love to see a video of how he moves.

Will

We have decided to keep a delco son so we have listed Delco in the classifieds.