Mo State Fair Steer Show

Help Support Steer Planet:

SWMO

Congratulations to the Martin Family.  Claire Grand Champion Steer and Laine Reserve Champion Market Steer. (clapping) (clapping)  That's quite an accomplishment. 

SEDALIA, MO) – Claire Martin, daughter of Mike and Mary Martin of Curryville, MO, was named the winner of the 2009 Grand Champion Market Steer at the Missouri State Fair. Her Crossbred steer weighed 1,310 pounds. Claire is a member of the Bowling Green FFA Chapter.

Claire’s sister, Laine Martin, also daughter of Mike and Mary Martin of Curryville, MO, was awarded the Reserve Grand Champion Market Steer. Her Crossbred steer weighed 1,275 pounds. Laine is a member of the Peppy Circle 4-H Club

DR

I'll second the congrats. Mike, Mary and the girls are good people. What a way to end the show year!!!

garett

Thats quite a deal! I never got to see the steers but I heard they were both very good.

I was down the week before with some friends to set-up a tie out and they were right next to us and such nice people! Congrats!  (clapping)

Do you know which steer won? I know that one had a flashy black and white one but idk which sister it was..

4sistersshowingwhatwegot

the black steer won and the black and white one took reserve. Both really nice steers. I really thought the top 4 were the best steers up there. Just my thoughts! But that is an awesome accomplishment and those girls do work hard!!