**************Moderators Meeting*********************

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

We currently have 6 moderators, listed below.
cowz
linnettejane
OH Breeder
Nasc
shortyjock89 (Olson Family Shorthorns)
jason

jason

I want to make sure everyone on the forum is well aware of who the moderators are and in turn I want you to have the power to make decisions. 

Please post below in this topic if you are currently active on the forum.  I am not going to pull anyone's moderator status, even if they are not available right now.  I know there are times when life becomes busy enough it prevents us from being on the site on a regular basis.  Just need to know who is around right now.

OH Breeder

I am here. I am sorry, but i had quiet a few people complain about the thread on BS. Even though there are many that do not like nor care for him they didn't feel the thread was appropriate. I agree as much as I didn't want to it was right thing to pull I think. If you guys dont please feel free to put it back. I am sorry.

linnettejane

OH Breeder said:
I am here. I am sorry, but i had quiet a few people complain about the thread on BS. Even though there are many that do not like nor care for him they didn't feel the thread was appropriate. I agree as much as I didn't want to it was right thing to pull I think. If you guys dont please feel free to put it back. I am sorry.

<party>

linnettejane

jason
just wanted to mention that i really like the new spam filter.  not sure if im using it right, but basically, if i see any red, i reject them!! 

jason

OH Breeder said:

No absolutely right decision.  (thumbsup)

I actually had a couple people thank me, and I told them that you did it.

jason

Right now, it looks like just the both of you (lj, and ohbreeder) are active, unless anyone else chimes in.

I am going to put a listing somewhere very visible of the current moderators.  I will also make sure you basically have all the rights to make decisions as you see fit.  I trust both of your judgement. 

I will come up with guidelines on when to ban someone, ie. how many strikes.

jason

linnettejane said:
jason
just wanted to mention that i really like the new spam filter.  not sure if im using it right, but basically, if i see any red, i reject them!! 

Yes, if there is a little magnifying class that is red, that means they are in the spammer database.  The registration software right now, catches them, and will not let them register.  However, there are people that registered before the date I installed it and those you can manually delete if they post spam.

OH Breeder

linnettejane said:
jason

I do not have any spam filter either? I can't see any that?
I think i can only move post and delete post. That's okay. I would happy to help more if you like.

Nasc

still around just not very often.

busy with the girls-n-sports (havent made it to a show yet this year)
PLUS  we are in need of a serious computer upgrade

jason

Nasc said:
still around just not very often.

busy with the girls-n-sports (havent made it to a show yet this year)
PLUS  we are in need of a serious computer upgrade

No problem, I understand how life is.  Right now I have been on as much as I like to, busy withwork and new baby at home.

Don't worry you will stay a moderator until you don't want to be one.

jason

OH Breeder said:
linnettejane said:
jason

I do not have any spam filter either? I can't see any that?
I think i can only move post and delete post. That's okay. I would happy to help more if you like.

I am going to move your account over to the group where the rest of the moderators are so you can get all the functions.

jason

FYI

Kfacres, (cut the bs) has been banned.  He was warned, but continue to stir up trouble.  I had a lot of people complaining and threatening to leave.

jason

linnettejane said:
is this jody(kfacres) trying to use a different username?  the email is oxfords something, i think the sheep he raises, and the username is crybaby

http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php?action=profile;u=15583

just caught my attention and thought id mention it to everyone else

Haha, great catch!.  Yes, it is him.  We will just monitor that account and make sure he is not posting.

cowz

Hi everybody.....yes I am still alive....just have been way distracted from the worst calving season ever!  Just let me know how I can help!  Mary Sue aka cowz

OH Breeder

Jason said:
linnettejane said:
is this jody(kfacres) trying to use a different username?  the email is oxfords something, i think the sheep he raises, and the username is crybaby

http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php?action=profile;u=15583

just caught my attention and thought id mention it to everyone else

Haha, great catch!.  Yes, it is him.  We will just monitor that account and make sure he is not posting.

It didn't take long before the people noticed. he did post on one thread but it was so obvious it was him.