Monkey mouth

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Does anyone have any pictures of monkey mouth? Also what bloodlines does it show up in?

Red

frostback

Alot of the Power Plant genetics can have it. Yes RED your beloved Foreplay has it. McCarney too. Dont have my records to remember what bulls these cows were breed to.

justme

We had an UNO calf  with it....but who ever heres about UNO anymore

SKF

Here is the only monkey mouth calf we ever had. His bottom teeth always stick out and he had a real short neck. We took him to the market. This was the only picture of him i could find. He was out of a BK Power Plus x Fear This bull.

SKF

Sorry here's the picture. He's the one in the middle.

Attachments

• calves 1111 047a.JPG
    calves 1111 047a.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 660

cowz

In humans, we refer to it as Prognathia.  Here is a pic below to give you a good idea of what it is.  Also, here is a link from the Merck Manual that gives an in depth description.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/20202.htm

Attachments

• monkey mouth.jpg
    monkey mouth.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 525

justme

to bad its a defect....makes a cute picture SKF it looks like he's smiling for the camera.  He kinda has that Angelina Jolle smile.

I know its not a laughing matter but you know me, I couldn't resist

knabe

my aunt had a slight form of it, and the pic of the surgery is accurate.  a guy at work had it done, and he was eating out of a straw for a few weeks.  had the splayed teeth action, so his mouth hurt for a while.

aj

Cunia is a great bull but he is a carrier of monkey mouth. That is his only defect. I had the impression it was originally a maine anjou deal. I thought doctor b had considered developing a dna test for it at one time. (dog)

knabe

it's on dr. b's list, but down the ways a bit.  hopefully he has some power plant and cunia dna on hand.