monkey mouth

Help Support Steer Planet:

GRsimm

Monkey Mouth is an Undershot Jaw. It is hereditary and can be passed on. There is some more information on the Chiniana site.

showsteerdlux

Along with everything else it causes problems in cattle eating. Not as much a problem in steers as they are being slaughtered anyways, but imvho you would not want a bunch of mama cows or the bull running around with the problem.

aj

The teeth are not lined up to cut grass or hay right. I think it takes two parents to be carriers. There are varying degrees of it. I once had a shorthorn with it. Cunia was a carrier. It is mainly a maine anjou thing I think. :)

red

Actually the Chi's call it an undershot jaw.
Horses can have it too.
AJ- that's right blame the Maines again!  ;)

Here is a steer w/ a very mild case.

Red

Attachments

• 100_1827.jpg
    100_1827.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 857

rtnok

I had a calf with monkey mouth last year in a very mild form. He was alias x fullflush. ended up at the sale barn. roni

cook beef

red i have been on steer planet for a year (lol) (lol) (lol) (cow) <cowboy> <cowboy> <hero>

red

:))) duh! We have so many new members it's hard to keep track! I just wanted to make you feel at home. I'm not the brightest lightbulb in the package!!!  ;)

Red

red

Karma is basically when someone likes what you said & wants to reward you. Likewize if someone disagrees w/ you or takes offense they might take one away.
I think I've given you both of yours!  ;)

Red

shortyjock89

Hey, I really don't want to pick on you OK, so please don't take this the wrong way....

You only have 18 posts, and it seems like half of them are complaining that you don't have karma....well look at some of the rest of us.  I have almost a thousand posts, and there are some with quite a few more than me. You earn karma by participating in a discussion and maybe making a good point, or adding something to it.  Coming up with a thought provoking or interesting topic can also earn you points.  Of course, you can get points just for fun, but if there's no reason for it, then does it really matter? I think that karma is just something that is used to give like a high five to someone after a post. 

So...get involved in some of the topics being discussed, ask more questions, and have fun.  Karma is cool, but it's not essential in being a good "'Planet-eer."

GRsimm

Thanks Red its good to be on here lots of good information. (clapping)

CAB

Hey Cooked Beef, you have the highest Karma to posts ratio on this board. I think I'm going to go take some karma from you. Just kidding, I couldn't care less if I had to. Brent

red

Ruchian said:
CAB said:
  Hey Cooked Beef, you have the highest Karma to posts ratio on this board.

Other than Red

yes & i've been accused of cheating to get those!  :eek: Funny, you can't give them to yourself.

Cook Beef, just don't worry about them. They really don't mean anything much.  ;)