Monopoly 4

Help Support Steer Planet:

SUL1

Very small and not much top and rib shape to him . Not trying to knock him but I wouldn't use him  jmo

Justin69.o

Well he is a monopoly clone isn't he? So he should breed a lot like monopoly. And monopoly hasn't done too bad has he.

Mainevent

Would have to agree, although the phenotype is different from the original. Genotypically he is exactly the same, meaning he should breed no different than the original.

titan

i think that he is the best monopoly clone so far. I think he is definitely the most complete monopoly clone.

J2F

Justin69.o said:
Well he is a monopoly clone isn't he? So he should breed a lot like monopoly. And monopoly hasn't done too bad has he.

Then why does heat wave 10 bring less than hw6 &2 but all bring  less than original HW? This from my knowledge is the same with all the clones. If they should "breed the same" why do originals and clones not bring the same?

carter o

Would like to know how old he is in the pic.... looks small but could be his age

Quick fire

J2F said:
Justin69.o said:

Then why does heat wave 10 bring less than hw6 &2 but all bring  less than original HW? This from my knowledge is the same with all the clones. If they should "breed the same" why do originals and clones not bring the same?

Marketing. Some ppl pay more for it. I don't.

hntwhitetail

J2F said:
Justin69.o said:

Some have been used on better cows than others.  Lots of people flush w/ original and breed w/ clone.  HW 6 and HW 2 probably got used more since they were first on better cows than 10. 

NEB

Quick fire said:
J2F said:
Justin69.o said:

Yep.

J2F

Quick fire said:
J2F said:
Justin69.o said:

Let me say this before I start getting hammered by someone I just pulled the HW versions and price out of the air I am not sure what ones are actually higher or lower.

Next question: If each clone will carry the same possibilities for producing the same calf then why not just use a full brother? Would full brothers not carry the same genetic code even if it does display them in a different way? ???

I am not trying to start anything here or give anyone a hard time just wondering why?? ??? Would it not be cheaper to just use a brother than produce a clone and have the same genetic code?

DLD

The bigger reason some of the clones are more in demand/sell higher than others has more to do with semen quality.  Regardless of the DNA it carries, semen quality seems to vary noticeably - I know that some ET techs prefer certain clones over others because they consistently produce more fertilized eggs when used in flushing.  Then the cow owners start asking for that same semen for all of their use, and their friends and their friends and so on follow after.  Most of 'em don't even realize why, they've just heard it's the way to go, so that's the way they want to go too. 

Okotoks

J2F said:
Quick fire said:
J2F said:
Justin69.o said:

Let me say this before I start getting hammered by someone I just pulled the HW versions and price out of the air I am not sure what ones are actually higher or lower.

Next question: If each clone will carry the same possibilities for producing the same calf then why not just use a full brother? Would full brothers not carry the same genetic code even if it does display them in a different way? ???

I am not trying to start anything here or give anyone a hard time just wondering why?? ??? Would it not be cheaper to just use a brother than produce a clone and have the same genetic code?
A full brother does not carry the same genetic code, depending on which genetics they inherit they could actually be very different and if the parents are not closely related the variation in their genetic code could be great. Clones have the same genetic code.

J2F

DLD said:
The bigger reason some of the clones are more in demand/sell higher than others has more to do with semen quality.  Regardless of the DNA it carries, semen quality seems to vary noticeably - I know that some ET techs prefer certain clones over others because they consistently produce more fertilized eggs when used in flushing.  Then the cow owners start asking for that same semen for all of their use, and their friends and their friends and so on follow after.  Most of 'em don't even realize why, they've just heard it's the way to go, so that's the way they want to go too. 

Thanks that is very insightful.  <beer>