Monopoly and Monopoly 2

Help Support Steer Planet:

KYsteer

I was curious how people have came out flushing with Monopoly or Monopoly 2.  The only reason I ask is we had a recent train wreck with a young clubby bulls semen quality.  Had 7 cows set up at 2 different farms with 2 different techs, but same results a bunch of infertiles.  I normally don't flush to clubby bulls buy feel she would work great with Monopoly 2 to save on some semen cost.  I don't want to waste my time and money again so want to make sure that he is worth using.

sh breeder

I just flushed 1 of my shorty to monopoly2  5 bed out of 15 eggs I call that a train wreck 6 weeks ago when I flushed to Studers Pretender 96 I got 15 eggs 6 #1 -9#2 that was nice so thought i would to flush to a clubby bull for some shorty+ cavles if your going to flush to a clubby bull check to see what kind of semen you are getting and see if they got any flush grade semen because some of the clubby semen is'nt all that good JMO!!! or see where the bull was house was housed at.

drl

I flushed a char cow Monopoly 2 two weeks ago and got 15 grade 1s. Last year she gave 16 out of Monopoly. Just regular not called up for flush stuff. Works here. Also with flushing you need a shot of luck since sometimes it just doesn't work. Tried to flush 5 cows two weeks ago, one didn't come in heat, one barely responded and gave two, others had 10, 10, and 15.

C

cornish

KYsteer said:
I was curious how people have came out flushing with Monopoly or Monopoly 2.  The only reason I ask is we had a recent train wreck with a young clubby bulls semen quality.  Had 7 cows set up at 2 different farms with 2 different techs, but same results a bunch of infertiles.  I normally don't flush to clubby bulls buy feel she would work great with Monopoly 2 to save on some semen cost.  I don't want to waste my time and money again so want to make sure that he is worth using.

Hardly worth talking about if you're concerned of potentially wasting time and money-- and the word flushing used in the same sentence.  Nothing is guaranteed, and in most's opinion-- is the biggest gamble of them all.

vet tech

Just use Monopoly 2, it's not worth the price for a bull thts going to breed identically. I spent a week with Dr. Mimms in Texas. One thing I learned was that having infertiles and degen. Eggs is sometimes not the semen at all, the cow can have a major impact also. They can change so much flush to flush. All depends on timing and hormonal response, you can put a gallon of semen in some cows and still get infertiles.

frostback

We called the company and paid them to thaw a straw and check for quality. Then have kept that for flush only. With all the cost of drugs and time and tech the semen is a cheap part of it. We got it from a 2nd party distrubutor.

sh breeder

I was just saying that i had 10 eggs open and no i did not have the semen check to see how it was but i will.
But i haven't had any trouble wuth this cow before. 

rlrlks

Our last 2 flushes with Monopoly 18 out of 18 and 11 out of 11.  Like was posted earlier many many factors can cause infertiles.

vet tech

Just got off the phone with a doctor I have great respect for. He flushes lot of cows and without giving his name he said he has checked monopoly 2 semen time and time again since he has been out and said it is pretty poor.

JCattleCo

That's not good to hear considering I just bought ten straws but it makes sense considering his high demand. Throw a little extra extender in and 200 straws is 400 and more money in the pocket, just like when you get your own bull collected you can often get the sperm count much higher. There shod be a guaranteed minimum set imo

vet tech

JCattleCo said:
That's not good to hear considering I just bought ten straws but it makes sense considering his high demand. Throw a little extra extender in and 200 straws is 400 and more money in the pocket, just like when you get your own bull collected you can often get the sperm count much higher. There shod be a guaranteed minimum set imo
That would be nice!

nck21

We flushed a cow yesterday to Monopoly 2 and got 9 embryos. 6 1's and 3 2's. We didn't test the semen but it must have been OK.

kfacres

JCattleCo said:

There is a minimum requirement for selling semen, I do believe.  However, it's so low-- that on the high dollar and high demand bulls-- they dilute it down as much as they can to make it go further. 

It also depends on which company you use.  I know of a bull that was collected at one place in iowa by the owners-- and they requested potent juice... then after Cattle Visions picked him up- they sent him to a different place in iowa to get collected-- and it's extended quite a bit further...  Lucky for me-- I got the good stuff direct from the owners-- as opposed to the distributor. 

Latest posts